• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hood needed in San Diego for 1975

zinertia

Dennis , FYI I don't have a hood but I am also restoring a 75 2002 and the crown on the 75 hood , that was on the car ,was so mess up I pick up a replacement hood that was from a early model, WHAT a difference , The late hoods have cut outs in the supports under the skin that lets them self destruct and fold up when hit in the front, it also makes them wobble and flex , the early ones don't, and are very strong and solid, I have it off the car ,ready for paint ,and when I move it around it is one solid piece the 75 would flex . So if you can find a early rust free hood , I think you will be happier than with the late safety hood, unless you front end crash your car often :) .

Harry

1975 BMW 2002 Taiga

2000 BMW M Roadster evergreen

Pls send pictures to

zinertia at san dot rr dot com

Does it have any rust along the inner support structure?

thanks

Dennis

1975 BMW 2002 - Poly, coil overs, big brakes, rear IE springs, IE front/rear sway bars, turbo flares, strut braces F&R, limited slip, IE header, Recaro, stainless Magnaflo exhaust, rear spoiler, Minilites, 5 OD, etc.

Hey Dennis, I have been coming across your posts for a hood, if you get one with the trim and don't want it, please let me know.

Thx, Edward.

76 BMW 2002 Arktisblau M42 5 spd - Born 5.21.76 - daily money pit * 06 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 spd * 73 Mustang Convertible 351C * 11 Aston Martin Rapide V12 * 15 VW Touareg * 23 Audi e-tron SUV (wife's)

sig_banner.jpg.5aeae468aebf7c560d52fe62d249efbd.jpg