• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

POLL: What do you recommend for articles about taking an 02

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://www.mmsii.homestead.com/

Their car is just plain awesome...has some incredible fabrication that went into the car. The detail really has to be seen in person to be appreciated. Added bonus is that they won the event! =)

http://www.mmsii.homestead.com/

Alvin Caragay

BMWCCA# 156055

'72 BMW 2002

'97 Toyota Tacoma

pair of '90 Yamaha FZR400's

Guest Anonymous

Would help ward off all the answered-too-many times questions. Just lay out what all the different sanctioning bodies are, along with the different levels of competitiveness (i.e., SCCA's fender-bashing compared to the BMW club's probation rule, or the 8/10ths views of the various vintage groups...)Also maybe go into autocross prep and basic buildup - a most '02s that run in SCCA events aren't stock, and have to be carefully built to be competitive and in the right class...

Possibly also could stick in images of some of the more popular prep groups (namely ITB and BMWCCA E-Mod).

It seems to me that most people who don't want to get into racing are just as enthusiastic about the specifics as those of us who *are* crazy enough to want to build a car and step out onto the track in it.

Maybe a good article on fundamentals of certain things. www.e30m3performance.com is a decent beginner's tech base that might be worth modeling things off of.

Just some thoughts. Good luck!

Sam

'76

Guest Anonymous

lisaoutintheshade300wide.jpg

thats why you see "Performance" in the banner up there... Not sure if we are going to keep it tho because it doesnt match the rest of the site and makes the banner too long...

Anyways, thats a great idea! I was talking to steve about that last night in chat in fact. Now, who should I interview about all the details, or who knows enough to actually do a writeup like that?

-Rob