• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beautiful 72 tii for sale

tii bimmer

Guest Anonymous

DO NOT KNOW IF ENGINE IS NUMBERS MATCHING OR NOT CAN CALL HANERHAUS IN SANTA ROSA, CA. (707) 588-8717 TO GET ALL THE TECHNICAL DETAILS INVOICE IN HAND FOR $18,055.10, ALL WORK WAS DONE BY PREVIOUS OWNER EXCEPT BODY WORK AND NEW TIRES AND A EXPENSIVE ONCE OVER BY GALATIS FOREIGN CAR SERVICE IN NORTH OLMSTED, OHIO. I LOVE YOUR PASSION, BUT YOU GUYS ARE NUTS! AND I THOUGHT MY FELLOW PCA MEMBERS WERE CRAZY! I JUST SAW A COOL BMW AND FOOLISHLY DUMPED WAY TO MUCH MONEY INTO IT, AND NOW BOUGHT A PORSCHE WHICH I KNOW A LOT MORE ABOUT, LIVE AND LEARN! THIS CAR IS SOLID AND WOULD LOVE TO READ ABOUT ONE OF YOU MANIACS MAKING IT PASS THE 2002 CLUB STANDARDS! YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DO NOT KNOW IF ENGINE IS NUMBERS MATCHING OR NOT CAN CALL HANERHAUS IN SANTA ROSA, CA. (707) 588-8717 TO GET ALL THE TECHNICAL DETAILS INVOICE IN HAND FOR $18,055.10, ALL WORK WAS DONE BY PREVIOUS OWNER EXCEPT BODY WORK AND NEW TIRES AND A EXPENSIVE ONCE OVER BY GALATIS FOREIGN CAR SERVICE IN NORTH OLMSTED, OHIO. I LOVE YOUR PASSION, BUT YOU GUYS ARE NUTS! AND I THOUGHT MY FELLOW PCA MEMBERS WERE CRAZY! I JUST SAW A COOL BMW AND FOOLISHLY DUMPED WAY TO MUCH MONEY INTO IT, AND NOW BOUGHT A PORSCHE WHICH I KNOW A LOT MORE ABOUT, LIVE AND LEARN! THIS CAR IS SOLID AND WOULD LOVE TO READ ABOUT ONE OF YOU MANIACS MAKING IT PASS THE 2002 CLUB STANDARDS! YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!

Good luck with your sale. You aren't the first person to dump way too much $$ into a car and then decide move on. Search this site for a little while and you will see similar stories. As an aside, you may also know there is huge crossover among BMWCCA and PCA members. Each car club often advertises in the others publication seeking new members and many folks on this site have a Porsche or two. Owning a BMW or a Porsche isn't a mutually exclusive decision (for some wives it is), but I guess if we are "crazy" imagine how crazy the folks are with memberships in both clubs. Again, take care and good luck with the sale.

'73 2002 (Agave) - Horst

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, I am a past member of BMW Car Club of America, and in 0 had a 2001 M5 that I spun after hitting the little kink on the back strait at Nelsons Ledges and then sold! Also in collection is an 8 series M car. Now involved in NASA, but first HDPE was with BMW Club at Mid-Ohio. I know all the about having more passion than sense when it comes to cars!

...Also in collection is an 8 series M car...

BMW never made an 8 series M car. There was an 850CSI -

Originally envisioned as a Ferrari competitor, only a single prototype BMW M8 was ever produced, equipped with a special 550 bhp (410 kW; 558 PS) version of the S70 engine, essentially a bored out version of the M70 with experimental multi-valve cylinder heads. A common misconception is that this engine powered the McLaren F1. However, when this was suggested to McLaren's designer Gordon Murray, the idea was rejected because the engine was too heavy and long for the McLaren F1. Rather, variations on the original S70 used on the 850csi, the S70/2 and S70/3 were used for the McLaren F1 (The variation used on the M8 prototype was the S70/1 engine).

The project was eventually scrapped because BMW decided that there was no market for an M8. The only prototype ever produced (one that was reportedly not even road safe) was locked away by BMW in the company's Giftschrank (poison storage).[6] BMW and the M Division had strongly denied that the car was even a possibility since the initial stages of its development. A world exclusive feature in the February 2010 issue of BMW Car Magazine, however, revealed that the M8 prototype still exists in its entirety.[7] The car was unveiled for the first time in front of journalists on July 2, 2010 at the BMW Museum in Munich.[8]

While the M8 was never produced, it is interesting to note that the 850CSi was also tuned by BMW's M division. Aside from sporting an M-tuned engine (as identified by the S suffix instead of the M prefix that a non-M tuned engine would wear), the car's VIN identifies the car as being built by BMW Motorsport (identified by the WBS prefix) instead of BMW AG (WBA prefix). This effectively identifies the 850CSi as essentially a detuned version of the M8.

Guest Anonymous

It is a 95 CSI with M badging, should have been more specific! You guys are rough! Anyone know about Aston Martins? I think I should quit while I am behind! Sent the tii bill to Todd, I will let the expert explain it if he wants. I think he started all of this anyway, and I will go back to the spongebob blogs.

Guest Anonymous

Have undercarriage shots, corrosion free rockers, and trunk boards were recovered in black vinyl two weeks ago, have all those pics if anyone is serious in the car.

Let he who is without sin...

I built my flared fender 2002 many years ago. I dumped a buttload of $ into it and only got $6500 out. Easily a $10k loss (probably more, but don't tell my wife). The same car, with much of the same work I did to it back in 1989 just sold on eBay for $10k.

I wasn't nit picking the owner or the builder. I was nit picking the car. I've been around these cars since 1982 and am constantly amazed at some prices that things go for. It usually makes some of us old fahrts sit up and take notice.

...and the post was titled "Beautiful 72 tii...", I don't think anybody has said anything otherwise. Besides the nit picking, it does present very well.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

It is a 95 CSI with M badging, should have been more specific! You guys are rough! Anyone know about Aston Martins? I think I should quit while I am behind! Sent the tii bill to Todd, I will let the expert explain it if he wants. I think he started all of this anyway, and I will go back to the spongebob blogs.

Ha! Nothing personal. Welcome to the land of enthusiasts!

I truly hope the car finds a worthy home.

Guest Anonymous

No offense taken! I have learned alot, but is has been an expensive education. Want to thank Todd for clarifying the vin tag, and chasis number issue, which does match. I still cant find the engine number!! Anyone have a pic to show location? I was told it is by trans flang near starter mount?? I knew I should have never done all this work and just put some track tires and belts in it and had some fun!!

No offense taken! I have learned alot, but is has been an expensive education. Want to thank Todd for clarifying the vin tag, and chasis number issue, which does match. I still cant find the engine number!! Anyone have a pic to show location? I was told it is by trans flang near starter mount?? I knew I should have never done all this work and just put some track tires and belts in it and had some fun!!

The engine number is stamped on a pad parallel tot he ground just above the starter where the block and trans meet.

Your ad states that it has a replacement block, so the numbers won't match the VIN if this be true.

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Just glanced at quickly:

*Front clip replaced = snorkel

*Original air box was kidnapped by an aftermarket replacement

*Rear seat fitment issues... looks like a rear seat out of an early 3 series.

*looks like a quality respray -- very little overspray (but some), no engine bay stickers; original trim

*no pictures underneath or underneath spare tire

*speaker holes in doors

*usual dash crack

*door handles missing covers

Excellent list. I would also add:

- glovebox is left open. Won't close?

- correct floor mats?

- funky steering wheel

I may be late to the party but the bumpers are out of align as the front is higher on the drivers aide and rear appears to be tilted too. But I am a nut so what do I know.

Don't they have a lot more pink flamingos in North Olmstead than over in Willoughby?

post-2154-13667650193907_thumb.jpg

But what do I know

If you want more information on your car (original color, date of manufacture, etc.), email your VIN no to Andreas Harz at BMW Classic in Germany. He usually responds in about 24 hours.

Email at: Andreas.Harz@partner.bmwgroup.com

Andreas Harz

------------------------------------------------------------------------

WAY GmbH

Andreas Harz

Leopoldstraße 244

80807 München

Url.: http://www.way-services.com/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

WAY GmbH

Geschäftsführer Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Peter Schmidt

HRA 164739 Muenchen