• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remembering my old 2002 ...

dubois

We just recently returned from a summer vacation in Germany that included a couple of nights in Rothenburg. Interestingly, we stayed in the Gerberhaus - the cafe/inn in your picture.

I bet driving your brand spanking new 5er through the town gates the first time was a bit of a trip. We had a Skoda Superb wagon (based on the VW/Audi A6 platform), and although it wasn't too difficult to thread the gate nearest the Gerberhaus, it was still pretty tight and a little unnerving to be driving into what looked, at least from the gates, like a pedestrian area.

5ers (and A6 and E-Classes) just don't seem particularly big here in the US, but when you get them onto some of the medieval roads in Germany, they are absolute behemoths.

Josh (in Dallas)

'72 tii

Here it is fourth in line in Old Salem NC on the Sunday morning after the Vintage this year waiting to head up into the hills and twisty roads of Va with a bunch of other 02s! Rob and Ken also finished third in the Vintage Rally on Friday in the old girl! We do enjoy getting to ride with it every year! It is in good hands but you need to come back and check on it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Guest Anonymous

Chromodora Electron Magnesium wheels (7x13) as I recall. They are beutiful wheels, very (very) rarely come available. That was (is) a great car, bummer I never caught a ride in it. Given the history of the car it needs to go on to my blog at some point (despite so much being written previouysly about it).

www.alpinabmw2002.com

Here it is fourth in line in Old Salem NC on the Sunday morning after the Vintage this year waiting to head up into the hills and twisty roads of Va with a bunch of other 02s! Rob and Ken also finished third in the Vintage Rally on Friday in the old girl! We do enjoy getting to ride with it every year! It is in good hands but you need to come back and check on it! quote

Rob is super guy, he is taken good care of it. I miss my old car, but not as much as I miss V & V, it is probably the top 2002 event in the world, 3 days of fun and camaraderie, in a very scenic part of the country. Yes, it is time to check on that car again!

here is an album on the car: www.flickr.com/photos/thealpina/

FAQ Member # 91

Lucky me. I had just met Michael (in person) for the 1st time and in a few moments, I was driving this very special '02. What a great friend he is! Driving this rare BMW and his beloved Bacchus through the wine country near Hollister - - heaven. We've got to do that again..... (& btw, THANKS!!)

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz