• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Running 1974 2002 for sale in Dallas.

Dick80

This is a painful topic to post. I have decided to sell my 1974 BMW 2002 under the realization that I simply do not have enough time to put into it. Honestly, the amount I sell it for does not matter nearly as the person I sell it to. I want to get it in the hands of someone who wants to restore it and give it the care I cannot. If I find that person, I'll take the best offer. I will add pictures in the next few days, but I wanted to get this post up while I thought of it. Here are the vitals:

1974 BMW 2002, non-turbo

Problems (in order of severity):

Clutch is squealing like it's being murdered. That's the main reason I'm not driving it anymore and I suspect it's the throwout bearing.

There's a dent in the rear left fender from where my brother backed into it. It's a roughly 6" diameter dent on the courner by the tail light.

A broken driver's side seat. I mean like really broken. I have no idea how, but the lower strut snapped in half while I was driving it. It needs repairing or replacing. I moved the passenger seat over and bolted it down so I could keep driving.

Bad rust in the trunk where the spare sits.

The dummy before me cut the springs so it would sit lower. Consequently, it bottoms out on any bad bump at moderate speeds. Springs should be replaced with regular-sized ones.

The fill-plug for the differential is rusted on and stripped out. If the oil needs to be changed back there, you'd need to take off the differential and drill out the plug or something.

Nice things (in order of niceness):

The rebuilt engine runs like a top. It still uses points, but they're recently replaced, as well as the distributor. The plugs and wires are also new.

New front-end. Tire rod ends, center-link and sundries are all new as of three years ago.

Interior's in good shape.

Like I said, I'll attach pics to this post in the near future, but let me know if you have any questions or want to come see it in the meantime.

• 3 weeks later...

I think we all have seen worse.

Kudos for finding a good home for it. Got to keep the dream alive.

Diff, throw out, springs are not too hard, just got to know who to ask.

Even saw a spare wheel sheet metal piece for sale recently, not too hard to replace.

The left rear is the hardest part, have your brother get it fixed.

Plenty of local 02 guys here in TX, know each other pretty well (for what that's worth)

The question is not that we broke a few rules or took certain liberties with our female guests.

We did ;)

Charlie don't surf!!