• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am SCARED...Sellers remorse in advance.

BillyRay

Jim,

only 1 genuine ti, the other is a clone. dual webers, 9.5:1 pistons, mild cam, headers, lowered battery

bought to add: limited slip, 5-sp, bilsteins, eibachs, urethane bushings

need to buy: half cage for back seat, sway bars, fuel cell

Jon

Billyray,

after 36 years and 11 months, I still own my '74 2002tii. Why ?? I still enjoy driving it. I haven't found anything better. I haven't had a car payment since June 1976. Full-coverage insurance is low.

Have I ever regretted keeping it ?? Never. Not Once.

I live in SoCal. Just this morning I cruised from home to PCH in Santa Monica to Malibu, then up and over Topanga Canyon Blvd into the San Fernando Valley, then over into Simi Valley.

Cruising Topanga Canyon reminded me why I still own the car: plenty of power going uphill, handles like a dream around the tightest corners, just point and steer.

My personal opinion on your sales dilemma ..... don't. It is easy enough to say you'd regret it, but like so many on this Forum, owning & driving a 2002-series is about a lot more than having "transportation."

Cheers,

Carl

Hi Richard,

I heartily disagree!!

of the few real ti models around they all get driven, regularly.

Just drove mine from Atlanta to Birmingham and back, and Vince drove his down from the north end of the coutnry. I know Tony in Toronto drives his around, and it certainly sounds like Bill drives his too!

no garage queens here. I'm sure they are out there, and perhaps your comment applies to Turbos (Turbo people chime in a prove me wrong...) but us ti owners like to drive ours.

regards,

Jon

jp,

I admire you and other Ti owners fortitude. BUT the point I was trying to make is for a car this rare its a real crapshoot daily driving it. Not that you shouldnt. But if anything happens the car is gone. It would be darn near impossible to replace. And impossible for any insurance to cover its true value. With that said I am glad I dont own a car that rare. And for gods sakes get a GPS tracker. Tii's out of SC seem to be disappearing pretty regularly. And remember the club is a joke as they cut thru the steering wheel to remove it.I think every owner needs to NOT announce if they have GPS tracking.There could be people targeting cars on the board.

I have had a few bouts of sellers remorse in the past...when I think back on them the pain has faded with age. I just wasn't done with them...they left too soon.

I know I am not going to be able to get to this car any time soon...kids in school, etc.

I also don't want to be that guy pushing his oxygen tank around saying "I'm gonna fix that car."

I have to agree with JP, I can't think of a single "garage queen" ti, I am sure they exist though.

Thank you all for your input...it is appreciated.

Professionals are predictable; it's the amateurs you have to watch out for, you never know what they are gonna do!

Murphy was a Grunt

billyray, i'm happy to hear you are not done with this car. i've admired your car ever since it first appear out of alabama on ebay 5 or so years ago. as fate would have it, i had a meeting in meridian mississippi at the time of the ebay auction and i SERIOUSLY considered renting a car and visiting it. obviously, i didn't get around to it and as i recall, you purchased it outright as you were within driving range of the seller at the time.

i really enjoyed seeing it in the flesh when you brought it to brisbane a couple years ago after moving west. i liked the idea that it made it to the west coast.

as long as you can afford to keep it, do so. hopefully you'll make another appearance in brisbane.....

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

I remember that...Meridian was quite some distance from the car. I am looking forward to making another Brisbane run in May. So many nice 02's to look at!

Professionals are predictable; it's the amateurs you have to watch out for, you never know what they are gonna do!

Murphy was a Grunt