• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tii FS near Nashville

DavidLMM

Not mine, no affiliation, etc.

As the local liaison between our Chapter and the dealership, I get calls about older cars often. Got a call the other afternoon about a “’75 tii” for sale locally.

Called the owner - a lawyer about 30 miles south of here. Recently turned 60 and realized he has more cars than time. Car is a ’74, was originally titled in and as a ’75. Fjord blue (one respray), interior needs attention, speedo and odo do not work. Battery (Optima) may or may not hold a charge for long. He has had it “for some time”, claims the only rust it had was a 1” hole near the accelerator pedal, repaired at the time of repaint, and he knows of no other rust. Says it runs and drives fine, and is complete save for the above issues.

This car is sharing a barn with his ‘Mintgrun ’76 (daughter’s car) and ’66 Mustang (son’s car) plus a TR-6 and a Willy’s Station Wagon. He sounds like an enthusiast, is fairly knowledgeable of the cars, and has set a price of $5K. (says he has much more in it, but this is what he needs out of it) He didn’t have any good photos when we spoke a few days ago, but perhaps he does now. I have not seen the car, but am close enough that I could probably go take a look if there is interest.

If interested, please contact me and I will provide his information – as a busy lawyer, I’m reluctant to give out his personal number on an open forum. He is very hopeful that an enthusiast owner will scoop this up and make it nice again. If I hadn’t just bought a rust-free ’76 out of the Bay area a month ago, I’d be all over this.

David in Nashville

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------