• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pastellblau Restomod

bluebmw

The car:

1976 BMW 2002 Pastellblau

Original paint, minus the rolled on paint on the hood, trunk and roof that sort of matches

US spec (big bumpers and reflectors)

Completely stock

The game plan:

Fresh coat of the original color

Euro bumpers

Welded front and rear reflectors

Shaved lower knee molding

Lowered stiffer suspension

Ansa Exhaust

Epsilon Wheels. Now I've changed to Tisa wheels!

Euro turn signals

Later goals:

5 Speed

ITB's or sidedraft webers

304 Cam

Before:

FrontwithEpsilons.jpg

During body work:

FrontinBodyShop.jpg

In primer:

InPrimer.jpg

What I'm going for:

FinalLook.jpg

1966 2000ti Chamonix - old racer, new project

1967 1600 Bristol - stock as a rock

1976 2002 Pastellblau - Alpina tribute

Parts For Sale - The Paddock

That looks awesome!!!

Nick

Thanks!!!

Since I am converting my car to a European spec appearance I will be selling all of my US spec parts. I have the bumpers, reflectors, lower knee molding and belt line trim for sale. Email me if you are interested in any of these items. Everything will be let go for cheap since I need to make room for some new parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great, despite the doors. I am really looking fwd to the day when I can make a move like this. I started under the car and am working my way up, and out through the engine bay. But its inspiring to me, that simple shot of the car in primer. It reminds me that its not out of reach.

And I love the color. -this, and mintgrun.

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Looks great, despite the doors. I am really looking fwd to the day when I can make a move like this. I started under the car and am working my way up, and out through the engine bay. But its inspiring to me, that simple shot of the car in primer. It reminds me that its not out of reach.

And I love the color. -this, and mintgrun.

After giving the car a long hard look I decided to repaint the whole thing. I've spent too much time and money to have it turn out "driver quality" Plus the new color didn't match the original paint in the engine bay exactly :(

At first pastellblau was just ok in my opinion, but it has really grown on me. Mintgrun is one of my favorites as well.

Tip: If you don't need a paint job or have an unlimited income then be prepared to live on top ramen. This is especially true for me since I'm in school and don't have a job right now...

Just for a reference who did the paint--hopefully not the place on Lake City Way (email me if you want to keep it private)?

Absolute Autobody in Lynnwood is doing the paint. My dad has known the owner forever and put him in business, so we are getting a good deal, as well as getting everything done right. There are no shortcuts being taken in this project whatsoever.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...