• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello! An Race Car in Seattle :)

spets

Oooh, interesting.. Thanks for the catch.

I know my partner previously did track days with it and it passed tech, but he hasn't done any w2w with this car. I'll bring it up with him and maybe I can get in touch with a tech inspector as well.

On the carburetor tuning part call up Patrick at Midnight Motorsport and ask for his jetting prescription. Or even drive down to the shop. I run it on my stock 02 engine and it's darn near dead on. It is a tiny tiny lean at cruising RPM but that's the only time I notice it. Other than that I think talking to him about jetting would be good!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

So is there anything that can be done about going lean on throttle tip in? Is the accelerator pump adjustable on these webers? I tried doing a google search but I'm not really coming up with anything.

Read my post above.

-Nathan

I'll take it there if I need to, I'm trying to DIY instead of spending money on a mechanic for labor.

I took apart the pump and I noticed there was a tear in the diaphragm. I ordered a new one, lets see if that will improve anything. It looks like I could put washers under the accelerator pump spring to make the diaphragm stick out further and maybe provide more fuel on tip in. Lets see what a new diaphragm does first.

I'll take it there if I need to, I'm trying to DIY instead of spending money on a mechanic for labor.

I took apart the pump and I noticed there was a tear in the diaphragm. I ordered a new one, lets see if that will improve anything. It looks like I could put washers under the accelerator pump spring to make the diaphragm stick out further and maybe provide more fuel on tip in. Lets see what a new diaphragm does first.

Just drive down, say Hi and ask what his 32/36 prescription is, he'll tell ya what he uses, he's a good resource. I do almost everything DIY on my car except machine work, but I talk to him for local advice. He's a wealth of information. He's not doing any work so you arent paying for anything. I've talked to him for hours about my car and gotten lots of good information. Trust me, he's a guy you want to know as a DIYer.

-Nathan