• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WHere to Buy Valve cover acorn nuts?

Nicad

I want to spruce up my E9 and 2002, so need quite a few. Is there a place to get these for less than $1.20 each?

Tia.

China?

Any local auto parts store should have a bin full. The current BMW version has the washer build in, so that may account for the cost. They look and function quite well, but may well be overpriced, as you suggest.

I took a couple of bolts down to my local chain auto parts shop today, figuring a couple bones would get me some nice shiny pieces to replace the greasy hardware on my tii. Look very closely at the bolt heads, threads, finish, etc. no comparison to OEM if you ask me. But maybe I'm just picky.

1973 tii, agave, since 1992

1973 tii block 2763759

1967 Mustang GT fastback, since 1986

1999 Toyota 4Runner, 5 speed, ELocker, Supercharged

high enoug to accomodate the stud's height. I bought a nice set of stainless steel ones only to discover they bottomed out about 2mm from touching the valve cover, even with the wave washers installed....

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Ace Hardware. Get the stainless ones

I second this

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2