• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

mice !!!

dlmrun2002

Funny - I had the same problem with my E46 (not 100% they were mice though). Some form of rodent was crawling up into the engine bay and making its home on the intake plenum.

I found moth balls did a good job keeping the rodents (mice?) out. I poured some moth balls into a tray I made from aluminum foil and placed the tray of moth balls on top of the engine.

Andy W.

'72 Tii & '74 Tii

'88 M3 & '91 318is

I used to have an 86 Carrera. Somebody crawled up one of the heater tubes while I had the motor out.....and died. I could not drive the d*mn car for six months because of the smell. What a mess. Tried every way I could think of to get the remains out. Never did.

I'll never own another Porsche.

Cheers

Michael

73 tii

Seal any holes in your storage space foundation with copper mesh and spray foam. Replace your garage door bottom seal. Put snap and glue traps along the inside edges of the door. Mice have poor eye sight and follow walls. Could also put glue traps all around each tire.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

One thing I did that worked was to open my hood when I'm not driving the car. I did see some "activity" under the hood during one winter, and I found this tip on the web - the cozy engine compartment is less cozy if the hood is open all the time. I've never seen any evidence of anything for years.

Your car might have an underhood light, though. You would have to deal with that somehow.

Some of these other tips are excellent as well. Good luck.

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI