• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

mice !!!

dlmrun2002

Well Full Speed ahead. I'm using regular mouse traps,moth balls, glue traps,Irish Spring, peppermint oil and poison. Death you little buggers.

dlm ny country

well dam, get the infrared goggles and pellet gun also, kill em all, when them little buggers come running out!

Well Full Speed ahead. I'm using regular mouse traps,moth balls, glue traps,Irish Spring, peppermint oil and poison. Death you little buggers.

dlm ny country

Shy away from poison, they may die in the most inconvenient place. Best to see them dead in or on a trap, no unwanted death smells in your heater core.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

I hired a guy a couple years ago who ran a trap line and had a pest removal/control business on the side. I was asking him about mice and rat traps. While mice and rats are not the smartest animals it is incredible how often they have outsmarted me and my nonchalant trapping methods;)

What he suggested is to control of the direction of access to the trap. Make them come at it from the side and anchor the trap. Put it on a piece of 1x6 or something so it cannot be easily moved around. Put a little bait to the trap. I actually made a small cardboard funnel for this one crafty guy. He also suggested bacon as a lure.

Some day I have to figure out how to post pics because I have the ultimate '02mouse trap picture.

When I was pealing away the red (fruit roll up?) gas tank liner in my gas tank that didn't stick (got it 15 years ago from 2002ad) there was a dead mouse in the liner material.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Use Irish Spring (original green) soap. It works the best and smells much better than moth balls.

Brian

Last winter the mice ate 1.5 bars of irish springs (green, looks blue in pic) that were in my engine bay and then crapped all over the place. The wanted some dessert so they had the insulator for the alternator, starter & battery wires. That caused some issues.

Here is a pic:

post-17103-13667651770183_thumb.jpg

'76 2002 - Sahara

Mice do not see well and use the walls as guides to run especially in the night. So place traps along walls. Sticky traps and snap traps with PB seem to work the best for Maryland mickeys.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

dlm ny country

Shy away from poison, they may die in the most inconvenient place. Best to see them dead in or on a trap, no unwanted death smells in your heater core.

back when i had a covered workspace to work on my 02 i got fed up with the RATs that owned the place. it was really creepy working under the car at night and seeing a rat out of the corner of my eye periodically, and seeing the mess and damage they do. i decided to bite the bullet and just use poison knowing that the smell would be bad.

i had NO IDEA just how bad several dead, hidden rat carcasses could smell. i had to wear a resparator for a full 2 weeks inside and OUTSIDE just to get near the workshop. it is a smell you'll never forget.....

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

The bad thing about using poison like Decon is that you might unintentionally poison a cat, dog, hawk or owl when they go after the dying rodents.

I use the old fashion traps with peanut butter and also the glue traps for the hard to catch fellas.

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️