• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mp3/mp4 player, but for home ??

PatAllen

i am just wondering among all chineese crap out there, is there a mp player meant for home, that would just have like a tiny lcd screen and a usb or sd slot, just like the ones at 1$ on e-bay, but for home ?

otherwise i will make one...i know sound quality wont be fantastic, but for quick music transportation from my pc to the home stereo, that would be awesome, thanks

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

Pony up and buy a real device. You won't regret it. The interface alone is reason enough. Older iPod Schuffles are plentiful on fleebay..

Or just get a mini jack to analog out for your PC head phone jack..

exactly not what i want.

1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp

apple. designed in california. made in china. :)

i have an iPhone 2g, a iPod touch 1st gen and a Android cell phone. none of them fits my needs.

i want to carry a usb stick here and there, stick it in and have my music, with a tiny lcd display that shows title and a strict minumum of buttons, like a CD player.

1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp

apple. designed in california. made in china. :)

AND WORKS.

i have an iPhone 2g, a iPod touch 1st gen and a Android cell phone. none of them fits my needs.

i want to carry a usb stick here and there, stick it in and have my music, with a tiny lcd display that shows title and a strict minumum of buttons, like a CD player.

I see Pat. As long as your music is still in MP3 format and not converted for iTunes, you'll be able to use something like that. Me, I use this for my garage (and 5 other areas in the house), and control it with my iPhone..

Its the shit.

www.sonos.com/system/

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

i bought 2 super cheap mp3/mp4 player with a 1.8" oled color display, which has a usb slot on it, and just enough of the buttons on it for what i want. play, pause, stop ffw, rrw, skip up/down.

It displays music title, just what i want. There is even a remote that goes with it !!! lol...

5$ each delivered...lol...just the price of a usb connector and the batteries into the remote would cost that if i would make one...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150696075471

I will modify one to work on 120vac (will make a nice power supply) and will retrieve audio signal out of it before it reaches the fm transmitter and will work it out to sound better, and eventualy fit it in a different case to look at home with my NAIM preamp and homemade main amp, next to my sony ES home receiver.

At that price i cannot go wrong.

i recently got a nice Hitachi FT-8000 receiver, one of the good ones of that time, almost no chip in that one, all analog...will go along all this also a nice vintage Kenwood KA3500 power amp i am restoring ( it was 99% apart in boxes and bags, lol).

1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp

• 3 weeks later...

fwiw, i finaly made it.

got thoses cheapo mp3 players from e-bay. surprisingly enough they works and doesnt sound bad at all direct from the fm tuner.

I hacked the board, made a nice power supply and extracted the sound out of it to get rid of the FM section. the op-amps serves as a low-pass filter and sort of D/A converter. Old school techniques.

it works exaclty as i expected. I just need to jam my mp3 or mp4 on a usb stick and put it in. the remote works well too !! The sound is far better than i expected...i heard much more worse things in my life...

total cost: 5$ ( i had all the other crap handy already, caps, opamps,...)

will put all that into a tiny enclosure so it will look nice.

post-119-13667652855281_thumb.jpg

1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp