• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the extreme purist - HHI judging

BillWilliams

Bill,

Congrats on one the best,period.98 is still a solid A.

Missing #1 by one point in HHI ain't bad for anyone.

Maybe next year Pebble Beach.

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Bill,

it seems to me that you would need

(8) eight clamps to make it right.

i think i have parted almost 100 cars

and i will look thru the museum

collection for what you need.

if i find them you will need to clean

them and replate also.

stone

stone racing co

phila pa 19123

Was your fantastic car originally equipped with a gear shift knob with the BMW logo in it or was that a dealer installed option? (inquiring mind want to know).

I can't tell from the pics, but has Luis sourced the correct 10 slat kidney grill his car didn't have at R&T concours at Siebkens a year ago?

mac.

PS. I'll check my stash for water hose clamps for you.

Mac,

I believe that know was either an option or a Villa Vehah (sp?) thing. It was on the car when I got it.

I have the stock five speed knob in a drawer, I should but that back on there too.

Not sure about Luis car.

Thank you for looking, I told Mr Rahal you said hi when he was in Baltimore for the Grand Prix

Luis1800HHI.jpg

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Guest Anonymous

This is generally the trouble with concours judging. The reality is that even a brand new car off the lot would not win a concours competition (at least not for something like the PCA Manhattan trophy) but they definitely have an advantage. Most of these guys now start with a new car, comb with a fine tooth, find flaws in paint, paint, repaint etc and then begin cleaning.

I think your car looks amazing and what a great score particularly the first time out!

Now there was the guy in our local Porsche club who lost the Manhattan trophy about 15 years ago in Portland, only deduction....

they found a q-Tip in one of the vents!

He sold the car for a huge loss after that...never wanted to see it again.

lawnmower dealership--Snappers (and other riding mowers/tractors) use a nice moulded rubber boot that looks very similar. I have used 'em on my Fiats with success too.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

lawnmower dealership--Snappers (and other riding mowers/tractors) use a nice moulded rubber boot that looks very similar. I have used 'em on my Fiats with success too.

cheers

mike

VW Type III (with factory fuel injection) used a very similar boot on the electric fuel pump connection. Hmm - similar to the tii fuel pump boot.

pics1092010024.jpg

pics1092010038.jpg

pics1092010037.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"