• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 Tii restoration

Tito3

I am relatively new to the 2002 Faq and an extremely recent Tii owner(picked it up a few days ago) How do I determine the correct colour scheme for the interior? Right now it seems to be a mishmash of tan and black carpeting and the seats are a tan vinyl with cloth inserts. I will be taking the car completely apart over the next few months and redoing just about everything. I want to redo it with euro spec bumpers and interior. Also is the 4 spd different from a regular 02? Does it have a special ser # that differentiates it? Advice please! Also the colour is Atlantik if that matters. Thanks

Enthusiastic as hell but dumber than a box of rocks. 1974 tii Atlantik Blue 2780099. Gobi Lux Interior.

1974 Tii Chamonix 2781879 Sunroof coupe, Gobi Interior- parting out

1994 318IS M42 project abandoned. parting out

'74-'76 Atlantik exterior cars usually had a Gobi tan interior. Also a Blue interior, but more by far had tan.

Prior to '74, the roundie Atlantiks were either Black or Blue.

Keep the cloth panels in the seats; very European and cool in the summer and warm in the winter.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

as carbureted cars ('76 US 2002s have 3.90 diffs), and other than a dash mounted clock, the tii interiors are the same as the carbureted cars.

Door panels on squarelight cars are always a single color, while on roundies, unless they're black, they're two-toned with the upper section nearest the windows being black, and the lower sections matching the seat upholstery. Squarelight seats are different from roundies too, both in shape and upholstery.

Welcome to the 2002 fraternity/sorority!

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Thankfully the car is 99.9% rustfree. The PO added in a 5spd and LSD. The engine has been rebuilt with domed pistons(not sure of the CR) and a "touring" cam. The paint is faded and scratched in some areas but completely dent free. I will be going through the engine and KF to make sure its all working properly and up to spec. That being said, I will be redoing the interior as well. I really do like the tobacco two toned door cards but I am unsure if they fit this car since they were made for the roundies. I plan on making the car show quality but by no means concours correct. Does anyone have the two toned door cards for sale either new or good condition? I will need the fronts and rears. Thanks for all of the help and advice!

Tito

Enthusiastic as hell but dumber than a box of rocks. 1974 tii Atlantik Blue 2780099. Gobi Lux Interior.

squarelights fit on each other's doors--only difference in the two is appearance. So if you like the two toned panels, go for it.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Ok now its getting confusing. I like the reddish brown door cards with the black tops and I thought I understood these to be "tobacco" now I have read elsewhere on the faq that these are called "saddle" Which is it? I am also pulling the dash and having all of the gauges and clock rebuilt in a few days. Thanks!!