• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 1602/2002 in SF - black plates, sunroof, no rust

Robotrophic

Hi folks... We posted on craigslist and figured we should post here too. Of course we'd love to hear from interested parties, and also interested on your feedback on the ad and any other info we should be noting. Thanks!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/2709162201.html

Very cool car! Do you mind posting some more photos? Unfortunately, I'm not in the market... I just like looking!

Based on what your ad says, I'd say your price is spot on, if not perhaps a little low.

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara

Reply to: sale-uj9ew-2709162201@craigslist.org

1968 Black Plate Sunroof Roundie

Started life as a 1602, was upgraded with a 2002 motor along the way. Also has newer M10 head. Spins like a top. The sunroof was recently rebuilt, and a new headliner put in. It has four new tires, and new brake cylinders and shoes in the rear. Gas filler has been removed from the outside of the car and put into the trunk for a cleaner look, American model side reflectors have been shaved too. Nice clean engine bay, other than being upgraded to 2002, still very stock. Original hub caps, aluminum emblems, aluminum grille, and correct early cross hatch trim. Interior is merely decent. Paint has a few large cracks, but minus those it could be considered very nice. No rust issues. From 5 feet, the car looks really good, from 15 feet absolutely amazing.

I love this car, and can say with confidence that I could get in it today, and drive to New York. That said, I will not boast that it is issue free. Leaks a small amount of coolant, and the differential has a tiny leak too, easily managed, and possibly easily remedied. I mentioned the interior earlier, no tears in the seats, but the driver side padding is low, and the carpet is just so-so. The dash has a plastic cover that I've never taken off to investigate under, so I cannot attest to the condition underneath.

She's been my daily driver on and off for a while. The off periods, mainly because I have other cars and bikes to drive/ride (part of the reason I'm selling), never because of breakdowns. It's super solid, totally ready to be your daily driver. Leave it just as it is, restore it as you go, or strip it down to bare metal and make it brand new.

5T55R65S13oc3p13l4bbi125ac2a6bca41a98.jpg5Y05V45Z43n33k13ofbbi637880ee68681df1.jpg

5P15X35S53n03o93labbiac66831294631a14.jpg5O05Q35Z33m83o73l9bbi56743cc73fdf152b.jpg