• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 2002 riveria blue CL manhattan beach ca

Circular02

Guest Anonymous
This is also the car that made me want an 02. If it's still available in December I'd be happy to check it out for you because I'll be living in Manhattan Beach.

Did you ever go look at this car? I live in SoCal, but trying to not chase rainbows if someone already has taken the time.

It's still on CL and seems not an outrageous price if it's as nice as claimed... especially when Autokennel has one for $18K?

Thanks.

Guest Anonymous
This is also the car that made me want an 02. If it's still available in December I'd be happy to check it out for you because I'll be living in Manhattan Beach.

Did you ever go look at this car? I live in SoCal, but trying to not chase rainbows if someone already has taken the time.

It's still on CL and seems not an outrageous price if it's as nice as claimed... especially when Autokennel has one for $18K?

Thanks.

The car was inspected by Matt's father as a huge favor to me. Unfortunately, I could not purchase it at the time because the buyer of my VW fell thru. I am still hoping to buy this car - there is a rusty area in the driver's side fenderwell though..

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Royal Red 69 VW Squareback built 8/13/68 “Patty”

Guest Anonymous

Where in the fender well? The owner sent me pix and it's not evident (unless it's under the battery).

The rear bumper is tapped on the edge of the passenger side. Would need to be rolled out and replated. He has a floor "diaper".... looks like a leaky seal - probably front crank or timing cover. The diff is wet. Seats are torn on the tops along the seams. The rust in the spare tire well doesn't look perforated. The rust on the cowl is surface from the hood shimmying on the cowl. Doesn't appear to be anything fatal. The headliner is punctured - looks like about 8 square inches. I guess a good top and trim guy could take care of that....

What was Matt's dad's verdict on it? Worth buying?