• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trailering the 02

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Marshall.. Your trailer is nicer then my o2. That's messed up ª•ª¶•†¥¨

dlm ny country :)

LOL! I live in it on race weekends....insulated, air conditioned, microwave, coffee maker, tool boxes, compressed air, remoted controlled power awning, etc...

2xM3

I could just imagine the heaps and other assorted project cars that would grace my driveway if I owned a truck and trailer.

you are so right. it is dangerous. i have two enclosed trailers...very dangerous...or advantageous for hiding "extra" projects!

2xM3

leave trans in neutral, leave ebrake on.

An ebrake on a race car? (okay, so I have chased after mine once or twice in the pits... (chuckle))

I welded hefty eye bolts in place of the front factory tow hooks and added a u-shaped thingy made out of 1/2" diameter round stock to the rear subframe;-KB

guilty...left ONE side of the e-brake system on the e36 race car, for precisely the reason you mentioned! :-)

your method of attaching straps to the car is excellent! i may weld on some "U's" to the rear subframe of my 02. easier than putting straps around the subframe.

2xM3

I could just imagine the heaps and other assorted project cars that would grace my driveway if I owned a truck and trailer.

you are so right. it is dangerous. i have two enclosed trailers...very dangerous...or advantageous for hiding "extra" projects!

This might help me out someday!

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

This is how I usually tow em. 16 foot trailer and a 1994 Chevy 3/4 ton w/ 454 big block. I tie everything down with chains and binders...

n1419133471_363094_6917342.jpg

n1419133471_363095_4487427.jpg

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2