• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIP Southgate House

eurotrash

For those tied to the city of Cincinnati, and who know the music scene..

The city of Newport has been hounding this guy for the building for years.. they want it for a visitor center.

Home of the tommy gun, and many a great rock show. MANY. I have been going there since the late 80's.

New Years Eve is the last hoo-rah, and I just bought our tickets.

Sad day.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20111128/ENT03/111128015/Southgate-House-closing?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CEntertainment

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

I was born in Cincinnati! (I have those ties.)

Anyhow, you might think that I'd go to bunches of shows at the SGH, but the only one I went to was a Dave Alvin concert. Dave & his brother Phil, founded the Blasters in 1979. The Blasters eventually broke up and Dave & Phil rarely play together any more. Dave Alvin & his current band ('Dave Alvin & the Guilty Men') played at my sister-in-law's wedding reception -- cool stuff. When we saw DA at the SGH, he was very happy to see the McCarty sisters again. (fun-loving, hard-core fans that they are!)

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

• 3 weeks later...