• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LYNX Manifold Registry and Set Up Recommendations (2011)

eurotrash

-whoa. Bringing this one back from the dead for an update!

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,288848/highlight,lynx+linkage/

Figuring that the availability of these manifolds has to turn around eventually, I was about to start a "LYNX SSD linkage set up" thread for researching the topic, but thought I had better look around first.

So hey, lets get the topic rolling on the tweaks and tuning of the LYNX SSD from you owners that have had time to get to know the intricacies of the kits by now..

Similar to the stance thread, put in the particulars on these key points of interest, so your inputs can become stuffs of legend..

0. Your motor specifics and your altitude in relation to sea level.

1. Brand/model of the carb and its specific jetting.

2. Recommendations on the throttle linkage setup - In the interest of smooth and accurate pedal attenuation.

3. Quality photos.

And hey, I learned early on that..

Screenshot2011-01-01at115942AM.png

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Since I'm right in the middle of redoing mine, this is appropriate. According to Top End Performance, the proper jetting for a pretty much stock engine is:

34 chokes

150 main jet

180 air jet

60F8 idle jet

50 pump jet

I have these on order right now. When I acquired my 02 it was running the SSD setup, but had the "as received" jetting for the DCOE 45. It ran OK, but..... I'm also switching to the RaceTEP linkage to replace the rube-goldberg and kinked one we took off.

There two good pictures of this set up at:

http://www.racetep.com/weber/0245single.html

I'll let you know how mine goes once running again...

BMWCCA #545

1972 BMW 2002 Colorado "Traumcycle"

2000 BMW 323Ci

..According to Top End Performance, the proper jetting for a pretty much stock engine is:

34 chokes

150 main jet

180 air jet

60F8 idle jet

50 pump jet

What is the approximate price one can expect to see for new parts in a re-jet like this?

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Here's mine.

45 DCOE

chokes: 36 mm

Main: 145

Airs: 180

Pump Jets: 45

Emulsion: f16

Idles 55 F9

Stock E21 head, tii dizzy, Crane Fireball, IE shorty headers.

I live in Virginia Beach, so I assume I'm at sea level.

I'm using the TEP cable linkage, and replaced all my accelerator bushings and spring with NOS. Feels ok, I'd prefer the stock linkage I had with my 32/36.

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602