• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS: 1973 Inka 2002 with tii engine swap

rockpilot

Hello all, I am new here as I have never had the time to delve into the community since becoming an '02 owner. Sadly, it has come time to move on from this car.

I'm selling my '73 because of a recent layoff and the need to pay the bills.

The car is an Inka '73 with a tii engine swap done previous to me taking ownership in 2002. I drove it home from California to Montana and garaged it when I went away to college a few months later. It was driven occasionally during college and afterwards. In May I had it shipped to Idaho to put it back to use as a daily driver around town. It is currently located in Boise Idaho.

The car is original except for the engine swap and the previous owner replaced the driver's seat with a brown one. It has a Behr AC system but does not have a sunroof or the original radio.

This car is not a concourse car by any means, but is a solid foundation for a restoration or a competent daily driver. I don't believe it has any history of accidents or damage, nor any body work. It does have paint oxidation on the roof and trunk. The only rust that I've identified is in the spare tire well, which will need to be replaced. The interior is in decent shape, needing new carpet and door panels. The headliner is in good shape but needs cleaning. The dash has cracking but is in pretty good shape.

It ran amazingly when I bought it, pulling strong in 4th gear. Since it has been sitting however, it has not ran as well. I believe the issue is timing or the distributor. I don't have the cash at the moment to take it to the local shop and have it diagnosed. When I brought it out of stroage in May I replaced the fuel filter, changed the oil, replaced the plugs, and replaced the battery.

You can view my craigslist ad here for more info and pics:

http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/2707933927.html

I'm asking $4,000 but entertaining reasonable offers.

Thanks for looking.

post-21002-13667652566305_thumb.jpg

Please email or more detailed pictures if you have it. I may be interested.Thanks.

My 2002 was manufactured on September 15th, 1971 and delivered on October 22nd, 1971 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Granada, paint code 023. It was sold on New Years Eve December 31st 1971.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are updated pictures of the car per your various and detailed requests. Please let me know if there are any other areas that you would like to be documented.

Additionally, I have discovered that the car is an Inka car but has had one repaint done to it at some point in its life.

Please call me with additional questions. I will answer everything I can.

And yes, I am aware that my garage is a disaster... I've got a few irons in the fire at the moment.