• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

i hate ie8

PatAllen

i used to be addicted to ie7 but some web sites has weird requirements so i had to switch to ie8...

there is so much things i dont like...where does the ? $#@ cursor goes when you open it up ? it shows up few secs, then as soon as i type on i have to click again on the search tab because the cursor disapeared...

the automatic seach during type is realy anoying, i disable it and eventualy comes back,...

switching back to ie7 is not among the solutions.

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

Go to Google Chrome. Millions times better!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

I'm at the mercy of corporate when they change from one to the next. We were actually on Windows 97 for a long time as we had too many applications that were designed for that and wouldn't work with anything else.

We just made the switch to Win 7 and ie8. As usual, it takes some time to figure out which apps work and which ones now require work arounds. Today, it's taking me over an hour to order a box of ball point pens with all the patches and work arounds.

It keeps us talking with India quite often.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

I'm at the mercy of corporate when they change from one to the next. We were actually on Windows 97 for a long time as we had too many applications that were designed for that and wouldn't work with anything else.

We just made the switch to Win 7 and ie8. As usual, it takes some time to figure out which apps work and which ones now require work arounds. Today, it's taking me over an hour to order a box of ball point pens with all the patches and work arounds.

It keeps us talking with India quite often.

I am long time electronic designer and have to keep an old PC with win97 in it because some programs only works this way (PCB software, software compilers in assembly,...). It used to work on NT but not very well, so i keep an old P3 for some projects...i just hope this computer wont crash, it hold a bunch of critical info that i am the only person on the planet to hold (in reference to the company i work for), i have some back-ups but who knows.

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel