• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any winter projects?

jgerock

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Install the LS1 coils for coil on plug, delete the waste spark and set for sequental spark (sequential injection has been operating for a year now).

Change out the Electromotive GT for the Haltech P1000.

Install bulkhead connectors in the firewall in place of the hole for cables.

Make some adjustments to the EFi harness.

Install the solid state relay for variable speed cooling fan control.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

IMG_00036.jpg

I'm going to try to get a few things done on my scary Mercedes... wheel bearing set, fiddle with the shifter linkage, new fuel tank drain plug (and hopefully repair the level sender), install a tach from a 2800CS so I know what's going on, and go through some of the wiring.

The 02 is going to get some basics like a new turn signal, some carburetor fiddling, and hopefully that's all it needs for a while.

Installing an LSD as I speak, may try to install Esty's carpet kit. Unfortunately this means a lack of driving, gotta get going on these. Winter is the best here!!

Any of you northern boys want to lend me a car for a couple months? Your car will love you for letting me drive it.

Don

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

How long can I type on this page? ;)

I have a ton on winter projects planned, even though I will be building cars at Richard Petty's Driving school in NC... and wont have my car there.

Projects include:

Stock bottom end rebuild, all new gaskets everywhere!

Re-build ALL tii fuel injection components (built to work w/ 292)

292 cam, Lightened flywheel, under-drive alternator pulley, Electric fan, Urethane motor mounts, etc

Paint- Engine bay, underside of hood, nose panel, roof/sunroof, passenger side of car/ fix guard rail boo boo.

Cut and drill holes in new pass fender for turbo flare

Finish rear deck stealth speaker install

Finish Odyssey battery under rear seat install

Re-cover back seats/ re-install

Install metal Volvo sunroof cables

Re-locate driving lights

Install front tow hooks

Tint all front lights yellow

Make/install super bright third brake light

Think that will keep me busy until V@V? ...still dont know how Im going to pull this off when Im not going to be home..

Happy holidays!

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg

My '94 small block 530iT V8 Dinan needs the heater core replaced as well as the valve covers and one cat converter. The car only has 97+ miles and runs like a rabbit, duel roofs and all options. The car is a fantastic highway car and I will never get rid of it.

Adjust the valves on Narlie and looking to get the Koenig seats reupholstered. Possibly drop the side draft Italian webers 40's on, but no rush there.

After the above a repaint for the wagon.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up a '69 1600-2 at auction in October, so that will be my first '02 project..started tearing it down, but it gets cold in the garage here in Colorado, even with a heater...so far I have removed all seats, door panels, bumpers and have started sanding body areas to see how extensive some PO repairs were.

Still trying to decide upon stripping and restoring or turning it into a "Gentleman's Racer" with back seat removed and a roll cage for autocross and track days...

Thanks to all for the posts on your projects...I'm doing a lot of research

Happy New Year to all!!

399680200_2dd5c20dfe.jpg

Still flying after the storm by smorr554, on Flickr

Shawn

'69 1600-2 1567148 Caribe (project car), born 11/21/1968

'08 335xi coupe (for going real fast)

None! Need shoulder surgery on right shoulder, so right now I can't even shift it. Asked the Frau if she could do 2nd to 3rd gear from passenger seat, and she declined. But I'm sure I'll need her help, maybe not for 02 work.

Hopefully by late Spring I'll be back because I want to change the trans!

A short list for me: I need to get the soup-dish alloy wheels refurbished and on my '02. After that, it's just an oil change, a wash and wax job. The E30 needs a stereo re-do. I'd love to get that sorted out incl. new speakers. I have an older Blaupunkt Laguna head unit to replace the crazily complicated Sony I have now.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz