• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any winter projects?

jgerock

My projects for the winter/spring, in no particular order:

1. Install new (well, recovered) front seats. This should occur this week.

2. Install E24 rear seat.

3. Install new carpet set.

4. Megasquirt ITB coversion.

5. Figure out what I want to do with my driving/fog light situation.

Then:

6. Sell current E21 Recaros, which may be listed as soon as this week.

7. Sell single DCOE setup once the ITBs are installed.

I think that's it. I may have missed something, or something may be deleted due to time and/or budget.

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing much.

Just going to keep the MINI and the 2002 running. Maybe a few fix it's on my son's 320is. Rebuild 2002 seats with new cushions and covers. Get the E46 sorted to sell it off and free up driveway space. Oh, and dabbling with an E30 M3 (See RayC911's 'wind' thread over in off topic)

If I'm lucky, I may even get back onto the bike.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Well I have lots to do and hopefully I can get to at least enough of it to drive her around a bit.

LOTS To Do List:

-rebuild pedal box

-figure out the clutch linkage and maybe clutch and bearing

-find some new seats because there's nothing in it at the moment

-put in the LSD thats sitting in the garage (searching for 320 inner CV's)

-swap in the tii struts (in the garage)

-make bracket for rear disc conversion (Porsche calipers)(also in the garage)

-swap in tii trailing arms (again in the garage)

-dash swap (1 piece)

-heater box rebuild (already out of car and guess were it is...)

I purchased a 323i E21 back in September, and parted out an E28 535is and the plan is to put the drive train in the E21.

Initial plan was to do the swap over the winter, but it will probably have to wait until April when I am finished school for the summer.

IMG_5202-1-1.jpg

1976 2002 - Mintgrun

1986 535i - Bronzit

I have some parking brake cables to install. As well as new brake shoes I've had for years. I'm also gonna try real hard to paint my 02 this winter. Nothing special, just tired of seeing it like this.......

IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

Also, my SE-R needs new brakes, a brake fluid flush, a tire and a dented oil pan fixed. All because I decided to drive up a mountain at 1am and ran over several rocks.......

David G.
1989 Volvo 240 Wagon "Da Brick" Daily driver
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Hitomi" Sleeping. Waiting for NEO VVL!!
1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" The never ending project!!!

Lot's of basic stuff on the '73tii

Replace Starter (sticky solenoid on the one in there now).

Rebuild Heater Box (already pulled, core has tiny leak).

Replace Alternator (Bushings and brushes are worn).

New Battery Cables.

Flush Radiator.

Tune up.

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

I have A TON of work to do but I hope to finish the car in time to drive it to that big show in San Francisco (Brisbane?) next summer (from Seattle). Suspensions are built and I just got the car back from the body shop and I'm working on the wiring, I still need to build everything else. Long way to go.....

2011-11-28_16-23-18_570.jpg

1976 2002 - sold off to a new home

1971 2002 project. Follow Me!- http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,362574/

it's not done right til I've done it twice

Get my agave back together and running on MSII by the end of the month. So, 5spd install, LSD, adjustable coilovers f/r, refinish BBS RM's, put "new" motor in, etc...that makes it sound rather easy though. My actual check list, which I'm still adding to, is around 100items long and they aren't small things like "drill hole here". Then come January start on the turb02 and hopefully have it together/running by the start of spring.

I know I don't have it too bad compared to some in colder climates, but it sucks trying to prime/paint stuff in the garage because it's 35 degrees outside. Have to warm the metal with a heat gun, spray, then leave garage for a while because of the fumes. Or just all those stupid little things you forget, like not picking up a nut or bolt which is absolutely necessary to finishing x task. Then having to head to the store again eating up another chunk of time.

Best heat gun use was yesterday with the gas tank. I drained the tank when it was ~30 degrees, of course the gas isn't going to evaporate in any reasonable time at that temp and I didn't want to leave it in the garage and suffer for the next few days. So, I shook it out as best I could then stuck the heat gun on full blast in the filler neck with the sender hole open. Dry to the bone in <5 min, no fires.

I really need to start hitting the black coffee first thing in the am and immediately head to the garage. I'm sure I could get the car back together in a few weeks if I did that.

Ludwig: (73)

1. Finally install my shiny blue 22mm front sway bar, and put urethane bushings in the rear swaybar mounts

2. Install new door check straps, and while the doors are apart, check for rust, recoat with rustproofing goo, replace the little anti-rattle bushings and lubricate the locks.

3. install the new heater plenum chamber side seals

Wolfgang: (69)

1. Install Ludwig's old 19mm front swaybar with new urethane bushings

2. Install refurbished right side "thin" mirror

3. Install rear fog light (wiring is already in)

And finish all the little tasks on Erik, my winter daily driver (91 318is)

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite