• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any winter projects?

jgerock

Pull the head and fix that f******ing oil leak at the upper timing chain cover. Install the speakers in the FRP kick panels I bought from eurotrash. Figure out why my brake warning light is always on. Convince myself that the 320i brake upgrade I did is set up and performs 100% (feels vague/soft not firm). New front windshield and rubber gaskets all around.

Commit to keeping her or selling to focus all the family wealth on the CS.

Doug

If we learn from our mistakes does that mean I have to make them all?

73 CS Polaris
76 2002a Sahara

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Convince myself that the 320i brake upgrade I did is set up and performs 100% (feels vague/soft not firm)

I did this upgrade on the rear only on my 68 and it locks the RT side rear wheel under hard braking and no passengers. I just purchased this from Ireland to try and balance it back out:

wwvalve.jpg

This brake bias valve installs inline to the rear brake circuit to allow adjustment of the hydraulic pressure to the rear brakes (reduction of pressure to the rear helps balance the braking of cars with too much rear brake or oversized wheel cylinders). It's very important that during heavy braking the rear wheels don't lock up before the fronts. Valve is threaded to accept standard BMW 10mm x 1.0mm brake hard lines.

--> 1968 2002 <--

Hopefully I'm going to get back to my blue car. I'm currently trying to put the final tune on my red tii, with the blue cars engine installed. Or should I say "blues car". Time consuming to say the least... The fuel injection ran great on the other engine; I think I've almost got it...

post-372-13667652848098_thumb.jpg

post-372-13667652849444_thumb.jpg

Remove instrument panel and fix odometer. While that's out try to adjust clock, and get power to cig lighter. Try to figure out why the turn signal indicator works on right turns but not left turns.

'72 Tii #2761950

'72 2002Tii

'09 328i Sportwagon

2002 is pretty well set for right now. My new parts hauler is demanding attention though, so I get to do a fair share of seals and stuff on it...

2011-12-06_10-33-45_957.jpg

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Complete the tear down of my 76, followed by blasting rust outand welding in new sheet metal to the floor pans. Drop the subframes down blast those repaint, and install all new bushings/steering components through out. redo all the undercoating while frames are out, and have it rolling and ready for paint by the spring, which is when I'll attack the majority of engine work. Also going to attack the electrical during the winter, trying to sort out what the previous owner had goin on and run to wires to shave my engine bay and relocate all fuses/relays, should be fun

pretty ambitous I know but i want this guy running as soon as I can, I'll have a project thread up soon

BMW 1964 R27:

replace the wires to the new battery

replace tyres

clean generator wiring and brushes

BMW 1987 R65:

replace steering head bearings

change all fluids, adjust valves, replace carb diaphrams - clean jets

road test my new 2011 Snow Thrower

R27Leftside1.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Tii brake booster and Megasquirt firmware update for the taiga. Plus fix some small things that appeared during summer.

New Schrick 316 and some, hopefully working, solution for rockers for the racer.

Tommy

post-8235-13667652852347_thumb.jpg

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

Convince myself that the 320i brake upgrade I did is set up and performs 100% (feels vague/soft not firm)

I did this upgrade on the rear only on my 68 and it locks the RT side rear wheel under hard braking and no passengers. I just purchased this from Ireland to try and balance it back out:

wwvalve.jpg

Let us know how this turns out. Anyone using this with the 320i front and rear upgrade (including the MC)?

If we learn from our mistakes does that mean I have to make them all?

73 CS Polaris
76 2002a Sahara

wwvalve.jpg

Let us know how this turns out. Anyone using this with the 320i front and rear upgrade (including the MC)?

I have that same piece in my system for the rear disc set up. It's a set it and forget it situation.

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

If I can collect the parts before winter ends--

Pull engine, re-ring bottom end, new bearings, completely rebuild head with Schrick 292, dual springs, HD rockers, etc, new exhaust and MS3. Strip and paint used fenders. Mount Kamei airdam. Finish stripping the last bits of tar from the interior, paint interior sheet metal. Build new console, and add a nice gauge setup.

I'm shooting for at least 150hp.

1971 BMW 2002

38/38 DGAS

292 cam

TEP 4-1 header

Ansa Sport muffler

Bilstein Sports

H/R Sports

Full Urethane

Bavaria Control Arms/02 Tension Rods

IE adjustable sways

15x7 König Rewind

Align the driveshaft in the '73 2002 (never quite got it aligned correctly after the 5-speed conversion two years ago).

Diagnose and repair/replace the noisy driveshaft in the E24.

The new book The Best Of The Hack Mechanic available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0998950742, inscribed copies of all books available at www.robsiegel.com

1972 tii (Louie), 1973 2002 (Hampton), 1975 ti tribute (Bertha), 1972 Bavaria, 1973 3.0CSi, 1979 Euro 635CSi, 1999 Z3, 1999 M Coupe, 2003 530i sport, 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special (I know, I know...)