• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost K-Fish Pump - Next Steps?

cxzsaq

All,

As many of you may already know, I have been saving up for a K-Fish rebuild and although I have not saved up all the money just yet, I decided to have the pump rebuilt by Robert at Jerry Fairchild Industries and sent the pump over.

Before going further, I wanted to thank everyone for their support.

I sent the pump as well as the 4 injectors to him a few weeks ago via USPS (insured) and it seems that the box was lost on the delivery truck. See for yourself with the tracking number: 03093220000134851579.

Aside from filing a claim, I would like to get back on the road. Where can I get a rebuilt pump and injectors?

Did you ask the company you shipped it to if they received it? I sent something to Blunt and had the same "Not been updated" deal for a day and it was delivered the next day. They could of forgotten to scan it. If nothing else file a claim...

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Yikes, that is scary.

79' 320i (comfy modified daily driver)

73' 2002 (weekend beater crusier/rolling resto)

73' 2002tii (superfast rust bucket undergoing restoration)

72' tii (parts car)  ...99' SV650  ...00' KTM 380 2 stroke ...06' Kawasaki Ninja 500R ...96' F-250 7.3L turbo diesel (towtruck)

All,

As many of you may already know, I have been saving up for a K-Fish rebuild and although I have not saved up all the money just yet, I decided to have the pump rebuilt by Robert at Jerry Fairchild Industries and sent the pump over.

Before going further, I wanted to thank everyone for their support.

I sent the pump as well as the 4 injectors to him a few weeks ago via USPS (insured) and it seems that the box was lost on the delivery truck. See for yourself with the tracking number: 03093220000134851579.

Aside from filing a claim, I would like to get back on the road. Where can I get a rebuilt pump and injectors?

Sorry about the hassle. Hope it turns up.

There was a freshly rebuilt pump for sale on EBAY not long ago, but most folks rebuild them to install them, not sell them. How about a used pump:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,365803/highlight,tii+pump/

The used ones come up pretty often, but be sure it matches the year of your tii, and you'll still want to have it rebuilt.

Good luck.

Nate

1973 tii, agave, since 1992

1973 tii block 2763759

1967 Mustang GT fastback, since 1986

1999 Toyota 4Runner, 5 speed, ELocker, Supercharged

Why is this thread a global announcement? I mean, nothing got stolen for other members to watch out for... Seems pretty simple.. file a claim with USPS, and post a wanted ad for a k-fish and injectors in the parts wanted section.

Hi,

i have several pumps that are ready to be rebuilt

and i think i have one that was rebuilt two years

ago on a car still. i also have one on a car that runs

and is being parted out. i am in philadelphia pa.

did you try the best pump shop on the east coast.

h&r fuel injection is on long island and hans was trained

at the factory KKK and his biggest customer is

Bosch Germany. you can call me about the pumps

and injectors or you could try hans at 631 589 1600,

this is his number

my number is 215.520.6718

thanks

stone

stone racing co

phila pa 19123

OHH MY GOD!!!

Rob from Fairchild's called me and said he went to the post office and it was just sitting there at the counter. Thank god! Thank you all for your support, encouragement, emails, thoughts and feedback.

Take care and have a great weekend.