• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

show me your bimmer shrine... heres mine

1971Ginger

Small shrine to my 02 at work. Got a bmw poster, a grill keychain (with my 02 keys) a maximillian sticker, an anson 1/18 model of a 73 tii and a series of Russian die cast cars, some zapors, mosvitch, and ladas. I do tech support so having something to stare at while on long calls helps.

You can also see Ginger outside in the window.

On the other side of the desk ive got a set of minature 80's skateboards.

Anyone else got a shrine at work or home?

post-20026-13667653372699_thumb.jpg

post-20026-13667653374327_thumb.jpg

1971- 02-Malaga -(Ginger)- 2nd owner

1973-02- chamonix (sold)

pardon any grammatical errors in my posts, im probably on my cell phone.

yea, i've got the sickness too. attached are the bits 'n pieces on my computer. they include a nearly flawless VIN plate removed from a Pick'n Pull carcass, the terminal end of the instrument cluster wiring splayed out like a flower, a small square plate removed from the rear trunk which is painted in original Golf and a small chunk of Cadmium that i found at the bottom of my nuts and bolts when they were returned from the platers. not shown is my 1/82 scale inka roundie and german ralleye car decorative emblem with what looks like an old Ford Capri or Opel ralley car (looks close enough like an 02 for me) and on the rear shelf is a euro instrument cluster.

and if you look closely, the FAQ icon on my screen....

oh yea, the clock is an original ti-version.

post-20026-13667653375857_thumb.jpg

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

I have

1. a wall clock made from a roundie wheel cover

2. pictures of Wolfgang and Ludwig (autocrossing) on the walls

3. a Kyosho roundie model

4. a very artsy framed picture of a salvage yard 1600 rear body panel with a vine growing out of the tail light hole (the original photo from an old 2002AD ad)

5. two ceramic trophies from the BMW trivia contest at the 2010 and 2011 Mid-America 02fest in Eureka Springs (thanks, Bo!)...and

6. a photo of yours truly driving a 128i convertible in Valencia Spain during the world press intro back in 2008--just to remind my co-workers that not all my writing consists of Air Force regs and point papers...

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite