• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey Everyone!

Benjamin A.R.

I've been using this website a lot lately for my 1975 BMW 2002 so I figured I'd finally join. I'm from Greeley Colorado and I enjoy skiing, music, and of course driving my 2002. Sorry to get down to buisness so quickly, but there is a worn out, but almost totally intact, 1967 BMW 1600 coupe I may decide to purchase and part out. I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in parts off of it? I'm not sure what is interchangable between a 2002 and 1600, but the car's body is in good shape for the most part (Bumpers, Grilles, beltline, etc.) I can post pictures later on if I buy it. So please let me know if anybody needs parts!

Thanks

-Ben

If its not rusted too bad, SAVE IT! Those early 1600's are getting rare!

+1, ALL of these '02s are getting rare, let alone these first generation '67 1600s. If it has a remotely solid body and is otherwise complete and unmolested someone out there will want it. The values of ALL '02s is on the rise, parting an otherwise good car out is becoming much less desirable than it once was.

Welcome here and Happy Holidays!

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

Judging by the amount of people interested, I'm going to go ahead and buy the car. I'm sorry but I forgot to mention that there is a fair amount of rust on the underside of the vehicle especially in the spare tire well (which has rusted to almost nothing.) If someone was to buy the whole car from me, it would require bodywork to properly restore it. Somebody backed the car into something and bent the rear left quarter panel behind the rear wheel and the sprung the trunk lid. The beltline is in good shape, the interior door panels are brown leather(?) the seats are also brown and are in fair shape but require reupholstering. The carpetinging is good, the grilles are the fully chrome type and are slightly warped. The dash is complete but rough. I also forgot to mention that the car runs, but has a very weak clutch. I will likely have to have it towed to Greeley. I'm not sure if I will part it out or sell it as is, I guess that depends on which will work best for me. I may decide to keep the front grilles and bumpers IF they fit my car. Basically, the car is complete and restorable for the dedicated enthusiast, however I may part it out. Nothing is for certain at this point but, as soon as I get the car, I will post photos and be able to provide more detailed information.

Thanks,

Ben

• 4 weeks later...