• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Bumper Conversion brakets for sale??

austinmf

I swore I saw someone selling rear brackets for a euro bumper conversion but I cannot find the thread...

Anyone know where I can get a kit to mount my rear euro bumper?

FOR SALE-----74 2002tii 2782194 Turkis, Megasquirt, Korman road sport springs, Bilstein HD shocks, 13" FPS Bottle Caps

yes sir...& not to change the subject but i would think twice about ordering anything from 2002AD...you may not ever receive it during your ownership of the car...

your best bet is ask for a pair in the WTB forum...the last pair i recently got from a reputable FAQ member for $15

I have to agree with Esty. They act like all of their parts are gold plated. They wanted $425 for a bare door(no glass, no mechanism, no panel, no window mechanicals. I know that times are tough but why the gouge? You would think that they would rather be known for fair pricing.

Enthusiastic as hell but dumber than a box of rocks. 1974 tii Atlantik Blue 2780099. Gobi Lux Interior.

1974 Tii Chamonix 2781879 Sunroof coupe, Gobi Interior- parting out

1994 318IS M42 project abandoned. parting out

Well I appreciate everyone looking out for me! And everyone on this board!

I have to say that this is the most supportive and tightest knit group I have ever known and I cannot wait to meet some of you and learn more.

FOR SALE-----74 2002tii 2782194 Turkis, Megasquirt, Korman road sport springs, Bilstein HD shocks, 13" FPS Bottle Caps

I have to agree Blunt is the man for just about everything. Fair prices and quick shipping.

Enthusiastic as hell but dumber than a box of rocks. 1974 tii Atlantik Blue 2780099. Gobi Lux Interior.

1974 Tii Chamonix 2781879 Sunroof coupe, Gobi Interior- parting out

1994 318IS M42 project abandoned. parting out

Yes, they will work. Look underneath your 5 mph bumper and you'll see four oval holes that are plugged up. that's where the Euro squarelight bumper brackets go, and they're the same as the US roundie brackets through 1972 (73's are different, and move the bumper out about 2 1/2 inches from the body--actually not a bad idea to protect from damage in a parking lot bump).

To help reinforce the area, suggest taking a 3/16" steel plate about 3x5 inches and drill to match the Euro bumper holes, then interpose the plate between the bumper brackets and the body. That will spread the load around in case you encounter a "Braille parker" and get bumped. Also, be sure and seal around the bumper bolts--and the plate if you use it--when you install, so water won't leak into your trunk.

Of course you'll have to fill the three large holes left when you remove the original bumper shock absorbers...

cheers,

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

you may have seen these brackets before, but if you do a forum search for REAR EURO BUMPER CONVERSION...click on the one by 02onster and you'll see the brackets I'm selling.

the advantage is NO DRILLING the walls in the lower trunk, no need to re-inforce the stock mounting holes,and the car can be returned to stock if needed.

take a look, Anton