• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

euro 72 tii new in norcal

01330i

hey guys my names Max and I'm new to 02's and the faq. I've mostly been in the e46 and e30 game for awhile until I picked up a 1972 2002tii a couple weeks ago.

this is how it looked when I picked it up and when I took it home.

IMG_20111210_143039.jpg

IMG_20111210_143028.jpg

IMG_20111210_143004.jpg

IMG_20111210_143015-1.jpg

IMG_2377.jpg

mint back seat

IMG_2388.jpg

my nonfunctional gauges and cracked dash

IMG_2387.jpg

my setup in the garage.

IMG_2405.jpg

bumper off

IMG_2407.jpg

got all the shit stereo wiring out

IMG_2399.jpg

IMG_2412.jpg

rust rust rust

IMG_2411.jpg

IMG_2409.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

IMG_2415.jpg

IMG_2417.jpg

IMG_2416.jpg

fuel tank out

IMG_2408.jpg

terrible window tint

IMG_2386.jpg

Battery in trunk with no mount. smart.

IMG_2392.jpg

I don't know anything about stereos but I know these are coming out.

IMG_2393.jpg

IMG_2395.jpg

Engine bay

IMG_2378.jpg

IMG_2380.jpg

dirty

IMG_2381.jpg

hood off

IMG_2396.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

damage

IMG_2397.jpg

Up next is pulling the motor and seeing what I have to work with internally. cas has a 5 speed and lsd. wiring is mostly all botched, that's the only part I'm really worried about. These cars are so fun to drive.

Anybody got any suggestions? definitely needs rust removal and paint

Oh hello! :P

There's a front clip that came up for sale in Van Nuys if you can't find any being parted out closer to here.

In terms of rust, how are the rockers? If you can't poke holes through the floor it's not bad for an '02.

Also, I've just realized you have a strange number plate on the front. Any idea what country and era it's from?

Edit: also, headers. Wow what are those.

Oh hello! :P

There's a front clip that came up for sale in Van Nuys if you can't find any being parted out closer to here.

In terms of rust, how are the rockers? If you can't poke holes through the floor it's not bad for an '02.

Also, I've just realized you have a strange number plate on the front. Any idea what country and era it's from?

Edit: also, headers. Wow what are those.

apparently its from france from what someone told me. Guess it was sold in frankfurt in 72, then went to france, then here? I don't know much on the history. just know it was originally sold in germany with golf paint.

the drivers side rocker is kinda bad, but passenger is fine. shock towers are all good.

What's the VIN. With it you can figure out where it was delivered. You have a good (big) project on your hands. Love the custom intake and the duct tape vent window latch. Lots of us have restored tii's so reach out if you need help.

70 M2 2.5L 

What's the VIN. With it you can figure out where it was delivered. You have a good (big) project on your hands. Love the custom intake and the duct tape vent window latch. Lots of us have restored tii's so reach out if you need help.

This is all I got from BMW. I will definitely be needing a lot of help and advice specifically on wiring.

info.grouparchiv@bmwgroup.com

Dec 13

to me

Dear Mr Messineo,

Thank you for your email.

The BMW 2002 tii VIN 2708736 was manufactured on February 23rd, 1972 and delivered on March 1st, 1972 to the German BMW dealer Glöckler in Frankfurt / Main. The original colour was Golf, paint code 070.

We hope this information is helpful for you.

Yours sincerely,

Christina Hartung

------------------------------------------------------------------------

WAY GmbH

Christina Hartung

Leopoldstraße 244

80807 München

Url.: http://www.way-services.com/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

WAY GmbH

Geschäftsführer Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Peter Schmidt

HRA 164739 Muenchen

My wiring was a rats nest. Bought a new front harness from BMW and it was an easy re and re. There are good wiring diagrams usually avail on eBay.

Yeah I ordered a diagram just waiting for it to get here. how much was the harness I may just go that route instead of trying to mess around with one that's botched.

My wiring was a rats nest. Bought a new front harness from BMW and it was an easy re and re. There are good wiring diagrams usually avail on eBay.

Yeah I ordered a diagram just waiting for it to get here. how much was the harness I may just go that route instead of trying to mess around with one that's botched.

I think about $500. Best check with Steve at Blunttechclassic. For me it was the best option as a non electrical expert with a totally botched harness.

70 M2 2.5L 

Interesting tii! I see it has aluminum intake runners and no "notch" in the cowl where you normally stick the timing light.

Coilover front struts with K-Mac bearings and E21 Recaros too.

Yeah the seats are good except for a 1 inch tear in passenger side. ie coilovers feel great.

Got the brake booster out today before work. Engine comes out tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...

2708736 was for sale in the Roundel in Jun '97.

Seller was in Los Angeles and stated the car had a rebuilt Motor, 5 spd, upgraded suspension and Zender flares.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

You might check on the Sacramento Craigslist for body parts. There is a fellow on there by the name of Bola that always seems to have a car or two parting out. Real nice guy.

I like the flares! Are they glass or metal?

Good Luck!

algon