• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

euro 72 tii new in norcal

01330i

You might check on the Sacramento Craigslist for body parts. There is a fellow on there by the name of Bola that always seems to have a car or two parting out. Real nice guy.

I like the flares! Are they glass or metal?

Good Luck!

algon

Thanks! they are fiberglass. yeah I think I've seen his ads he's in marysville right?

I'm gonna have the shell sent off for bodywork and paint as soon as my return comes in :)

I like the front plate. That's an old french plate from the Alpes maritimes (Nice). Lends credence to the Euro Tii ;-)

Thanks I like it too :)

So the car is completely disassembled right now except for the glass and dash. I got a quote for a top notch respray in original golf yellow for 5k so I have to save up!

In the meantime I am still not sure of what to do with the motor. should I just keep it stock kf injected and freshen it up with a rebuild? or should I do some performance modifications to it? I want to know now before I reassemble the suspension in case I need to do some bigger brakes.

Hey, looks like a great project/great car. I also have a 72tii that is Euro. It was made about 4 months after yours. My vin is about 4000 after yours.

If I'm not mistaken, the seats in your car are from a turbo or someone made them to look that way. The flares are cool, too.

My pal Jason/Eurotrash rebuilt my cars suspension last year. There is a thread in the project blogs about it, if you want to look at another euro tii.

Keep us updated!

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

Hey, looks like a great project/great car. I also have a 72tii that is Euro. It was made about 4 months after yours. My vin is about 4000 after yours.

If I'm not mistaken, the seats in your car are from a turbo or someone made them to look that way. The flares are cool, too.

My pal Jason/Eurotrash rebuilt my cars suspension last year. There is a thread in the project blogs about it, if you want to look at another euro tii.

Keep us updated!

Scott

Hey I checked out the thread. Looks great! I'm in the process of the entire frame/suspension brakes right now.

• 2 years later...