• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 BMW 2002 tii. 25+ years of receipts. Fresh Engine

paul-hb

1974 BMW 2002 tii

VIN # 2780488

48,800 Miles (odometer has rolled over...148k chassis miles)

37,000 Miles since engine rebuild

White (original factory color) on Navy Leatherette

4-Speed Manual

Clean California Title

Over 25 years + of records

Offered at 15,990

This BMW is unique in the fact that it has a nearly complete maintenance history. Not only does it have an inch thick of receipts but a nice journal with a great time-line of the vehicle’s repairs. After pouring through the records, it is clear that its owners loved this 2002. The current owner is a local Porsche friend of mine who has once again found himself with too many toys and not enough time to enjoy them.

The 2nd owner purchased the car in September of 2000. The car had been in storage for 6 years. He immediately started going through everything on the car. This included a complete engine rebuild (around 37k miles ago). Next was the interior. New carpet was installed as well as a nice pair of E21 Recaro sport seats. About 18,000 miles ago, the car got a fresh coat of paint. Panasports were then added to give it the right attitude. An Ireland Engineering 22mm hollow front sway bar was installed as well as a 3:64 limited slip differential.

Recently, the entire trunk areas was redone and treated for rust (see pictures). Also, new Bilsteins were installed. A brand new front subframe was installed. The battery was relocated to the trunk. All in all, another $4,000 was just invested. This 2002 is ready to be enjoyed and driven anywhere.

The body is in great condition and the paint is shiny. This is a great little driver that would be respectable at any local car show/cruise night. Looking through the records, there was a receipt for some front body repair about 22 years ago. Looks like they replaced the front headlight clip and a fender. There is also a very small (about ¼”) rust spot on the trunk lid (see photo). There are also some holes on the front air dam where an aftermarket spoiler was installed in the past. I recommend filling these holes at the same time you switch to earlier chrome bumpers (a very tasteful upgrade). Other than that, the body appears to be in very good condition with no other signs of rust or damage. The interior is equally as tidy. All the gauges/lights work properly. The heater core was replaced and works. The dash is in great condition with no cracks or warping. There rest of the upholstery looks great and the headliner is in excellent condition.

This BMW is a great driving car. It feels very tight and responsive. It is very clear that this car has been properly maintained with no service overlooked. Don’t get caught buying someone else’s unfinished project. You are always better off buying a “done” car. This car is turn key and ready to be driven anywhere.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me (Paul) at 714-335-4911 or me@paulkramer.com

For tons of pictures, send me an email.

post-3768-13667653731447_thumb.jpg

post-3768-13667653732224_thumb.jpg

post-3768-13667653733208_thumb.jpg

1966 BMW 1600 (one of first in U.S.)

1967 VW Beetle Sedan (Honeymoon car)

1973 Porsche 911 E Targa (for sale)
1974 Porsche 914 2.0 (Kermit the Hermit)