• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Megasquirt conversion Intake Parts: SOLD

Grover

I have for sale a pretty much complete intake system ready to go for the simplest of Megasquirt conversions. Included is the 318 intake with the injector ports in the correct place, a 325i Throttle Body, the 02Again adapter plate for the TB, rubber elbow to run to the cold air intake, a varbiable Bosch TPS (you'll need to get the pigtail and connector, mine got damaged), the Bosch E21 cold start valve I used very successfully (doesn't need to tap into the MS ECU), a custom throttle cable bracket and 325 cable, and any other odds and ends you might spot in the photo. N0t sure exactly how to price this, so let's say $175obo. Reply here or email me at trichardson AT clifbar DOT com

IMGP4400.jpg

IMGP4399.jpg

IMGP4398.jpg

post-982-1366765374822_thumb.jpg

So I would need to add the injectors, fuel rail, fuel pump and controller such as the megasquirt?

thanks

Dennis

1975 BMW 2002 - Poly, coil overs, big brakes, rear IE springs, IE front/rear sway bars, turbo flares, strut braces F&R, limited slip, IE header, Recaro, stainless Magnaflo exhaust, rear spoiler, Minilites, 5 OD, etc.

That's correct Zinertia. I may still have the fuel rail also which I can include. If I recall one of the mounting tabs was broken but I'd guess this could be easily fixed or worked around. You'll also need things like sensors (air temp, coolant temp, oxygen, etc...) so what I'm selling are some of the bigger mechanical components to the system, but certainly not everything you need for an EFI swap.

Posing the dumb questions

Besides better drivability and possible slightly better fuel milage are there any other significant gains?

Dennis

1975 BMW 2002 - Poly, coil overs, big brakes, rear IE springs, IE front/rear sway bars, turbo flares, strut braces F&R, limited slip, IE header, Recaro, stainless Magnaflo exhaust, rear spoiler, Minilites, 5 OD, etc.

Posing the dumb questions

Besides better drivability and possible slightly better fuel milage are there any other significant gains?

Dennis

Dennis, I have this set up on my 2002, but Im using the smaller 318i throttle body, not the 325i TB. I was running a Weber 32/36 on my worn out, low compression (8.3:1) engine when I switched to fuel injection. This is what I noticed....

Fuel economy is up a bit over the carb, but its running a little rich so I need to fine tune my Haltech ECU more.

Much better low end torque because of the 318i intake manifold's longer runners.

More power. My butt dyno thinks maybe a 10+ HP gain. Power delivery is smooth.

Engine revs much more freely than it did with the carb.

You'll need an ECU (Megasquirt, Haltech, etc..) a high flow fuel pump, fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator and injectors. You can get all this stuff at a junkyard as I did. Im using Ford ZX-2 17lb injectors and they work great.

David G.
1989 Volvo 240 Wagon "Da Brick" Daily driver
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Hitomi" Sleeping. Waiting for NEO VVL!!
1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" The never ending project!!!

If tuned well you can simultaneously get improved drivability, fuel consumption, as well as performance. With programmable EFI it's possible to control so many aspects of engine operation vs a carburetor with a stock distributor for ignition. To be clear it's not a project that can be done in an afternoon, but if you have the will and some patience, it's a pretty rewarding project.

FL_72_2002

Send me an email on the haltech f9a

trying to price out roughly the total before I make a decision.......

all the benefits sound great, just concerned about the total $

dennis

Thanks for the interest guys. the inner diameter of TB on the inlet side is approx 64mm.

Al, I'll drop you a note.

Zinertia, not to steer you away from the Haltech unit (I've heard very good things about their ECU's) but I'd personally encourage you to also consider electronic ignition as this gives you much better tuning ability that just a distributor. Obviously it's not a "must have" but it will allow you to better extract the full benefits of the EFI system. Regardless of which path you chose, just do lots of research and think about what you want the system to ultimately provide you with. Best of luck.

The above aside, the parts are still available, so please reply here or email me if you are a definite buyer. Thanks again.