• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gas Filler for early cars

HBChris

I am posting this in General Discussion only because there has been so much discussion on this topic.

A friend has made up a solution to the problem I and many others have experienced when pumping gas into the 2002 (mine is a `69). I have used it and experienced no spillage at all. I had one of the plastic diesel adapters and I still got gas on my hands and had to pump very slowly. That problem is now gone, I can fill with the nozzle on high and it has a trap door to prevent sloshing out.

I want to find out if there is any interest on the FAQ for any of these, he has six right now but has to search for parts to make any more. See the photos below. Price is $50 plus $10 shipping since it won't fit in a small flat rate box unfortunately.

Reply using my e-mail link above if you want one of the six available or want to get on a waiting list.

post-9115-1366765378658_thumb.jpg

post-9115-13667653787559_thumb.jpg

post-9115-13667653788291_thumb.jpg

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

Guest Anonymous

Hi HBChris, Interested but forgot password to log in. Email tab takes me to home page. Is there another way to contact you?

Thanks,

Norman

Five have already shipped, two more will go out tomorrow. If there is any more interest I will have my friend make up some more. I have no financial interest in this product, it all goes to the maker.

Chris

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

• 2 weeks later...

Filler arrived yesterday, filled up the car on the way to work this morning. These things are very well made and work like a charm. If you listen carefully when you're getting towards the top, you won't spill a drop! And you can pump gas at full flow!! No more 10 minute fill ups!

Highly recommended - thanks Chris!

Austin

Santa Barbara, CA