• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help me ID these pls

bnam

While going through my doors to clean and get my locks to work again, I found these parts within the doors. Then the next day found that bar like piece in both doors of a 75 in the yard.

IMG_1627.jpg

This it the setup on my alternator -- it's strapped down with a block of wood.

Any idea what alternator this is and what parts I need to get it to the right setup?

Also, the oil filter mount says "Purolator" on it -- is it the original mount?

IMG_1628.jpg

Thx!

Byas

Top pic shows a broken spring from a window regulator and the other metal bar is from a broken door brake.

The filter mount is original. As for the alternator, I don't know what they did. Is the car a tii?

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

well the lost spring is from a killed window regulator. I assume you have a working window reg in the door now? how come the some hack left that trash inside the door?

Purolator is orig, as well as in mb's, porsche, german cars - purolater

is just a euro parts supplier to the auro makers

the chunk of wood and clamp ? if you have to ask....................................

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Yes, Tii.

Window regulator works. Will put door brake on my list of ToDos.

What do I need to get the alternator set up right? Is that the right bracket for a Tii? Is this where I need an adaptor to conver the short mounting boss alternator to a bracket designed for a longer one?

Thx!

That alternator looks like a non-tii unit.

The block of wood and clamp is stopping it from twisting out of alignment.

When you get the correct tii alternator-Bosch AL 40 X ,I would recommend also installing poly eurethane bushings to help minimise alignment issues when adjusting the belt tension.

You may have to modify the wiring to the alternator and regulator,depending on wether the replacement alternator is internally regulated or not.

1970 2002 Restoration Project

2002 330XI