• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone running diamond racing wheels?

baller908790

http://www.diamondracingwheels.com/challenger.html

This is the website and these are the wheels I'm interested in.

They come in 14x7 etc etc.

Here is a guy that is running them but all he

knows is that they are 14 inches and

is using tire size 165/65/14.

I asked him about the width etc but he doesn't know.

What would you guys think the best size would be and

I'm looking at staying with the 14 inch ones. I've read

about offsets and 30-35 seems to be best but I want the

car looking nice like the one in the craigslist ad. I've read

this which is very informing bu I'd like some input from

you guys.

I've got 13x8s with 4.5" backspacing, but 5" backspacing is likely do-able and better. (don't worry about offset measurements, as Diamond says backspacing is a better measure just to make sure you clear the the brakes and such with max amount of tire)

I wouldn't ever want to run mine on the street. I've ran to fast food restaurants during an autocross, and it's absolutely brutal when you hit bumps. Plus they're ugly and cheap looking. The tire shop bent and scratched the lips on them trying to get my race tires on (just not easy to work with them for a normal shop).

But, they're awesome all around cheap wheels for racing. I'd get them again for racing if I needed them.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

If I could do it over again, I would go with 5" backspacing... if they do hit something, then a tiny a spacer would enable you to clear it (cut the outside off an old VW rabbit rotor, and you got a cheap spacer).

My 13x8's do rub over bumps and hard cornering. I was able to roll the front fenders a bit to stop it there, but its damn hard to roll the rears on a 74+ car with the double layer metal. Its never hurt much to rub a little, though.

With 5" backspace, it would've pulled the tires a bit inward and kept from rubbing a little.

Still though, it sounds like you want street wheels. I would not want Diamond Racing Wheels on the street.... Get some used wheels from the classifieds here for that.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

I really like these wheels and I think they would look great on a stanced 02's and thats what I'm going for. It looks like 15*7 with an et12 which is 4.5" backspacing is the way to go.15*8 with a 5" backspacing would give me an et 12. Then I could 15*7 with 5" backspacing would give me a et25 which would be very ideal for the 02 and would require very minimal work. What would you do for a car driven on the streets everyday?

This is 15*7 with 5 inch backspacing

RedBMW.jpg