• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 2002 tii @ Barrett Jackson Scottsdale

markmac

I noticed a 74 tii made it into the stocklist at the upcoming Barrett Jackson Scottsdale auction (Malaga). From the four images they have appears to be pretty much stock. No reserve. Will be interesting to see what it sells for.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=42&aid=443&pop=0

www.alpinabmw2002.com

I knew I should of sold my low mile 76 at Barret Jacksons.... But glad I didnt! I'd rather be driving it!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Yes. Hard to say what the real condition is of the car, it does have the original nose (or at the very least a "nose job" minus snorkel), funky plastic line going from the cold start valve to pump and the bright green overflow hose at the radiator (+stant radiator cap). Of course those are very (very) minor items. The one pic from the side (angle) looks like a big gap in the door, or maybe the door isn't shut all the way. All of that aside, I will be interested to see where the car ends up. It might do better with OE seats and steering wheel for the person looking for a completely stock example. These seem to be doing better these days on the resale market than even mildly modified cars. Currenly a very stock appearing '72tii on fleabay in ceylon at $17,900 (BIN) with no takers and a very clean looking car (restored).

www.alpinabmw2002.com

My guess is it had new door seals and they just didn't get the door shut when the photo was taken. Unless I have the vent window cracked, it is very hard to shut the door on the fist try on my 1600 that has replacement seals also done in 2009. Trunk needs some alignment to get the beltline trim to look right on this car.

This car will probably get purchased by a vintage dealer and put on his/her lot at 8K more than they paid, they will sit on it for a long time and then end up selling it for about what they had in it. my guess.

--> 1968 2002 <--