• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turned the tractor over yesterday

JackF

Putting in a new driveway. Have removed about 35 yds of material and putting in 1 1/2" river base to be topped with 3/4". I have a Kubota BX2660. Great little tractor, but 35 yds is a lot of trips with a 48" loader. Anyway, I was moving some gravel and the front right wheel broke down the side, bucket was high and full as I was trying to get over the pile, just dumping and it did this lazy slow roll to the right. I had my seatbelt on loosely as I was turning all the time to work the box scraper. As it went I tried to drop the bucket, but you get a real appreciation for inertia in this type situation. As the bucket was dropping, the load shifted and it described an arc around the pile and just kept going. The roll bar bound up against the base of the Sequoia and held the tractor off the ground, so no damage. As it was going over I was dropping the bucket, turning off the key and releasing my seat belt. I just stepped off as it went over. Very fortunate. My neighbor came over with his 3300 and we had it back on its feet in about 20 min.

Called the dealer this am and they had me remove the glow plugs and crank it over to clear the cylinders of any oil that could have gotten above the pistons. There was none, so back to work...more slowly. This whole deal was caused by haste. Once again, life is a humbling experience!

I've had my Massey up on 3 wheels before... That's some scary stuff there! It's considerably bigger than yours too so it's even crazier. Doing loader work with it's 5 1/2" bucket can be scary because the weight in the back is not enough at all, you can get it up on the front wheels dropping the bucket down if you're not careful... Glad to hear nobody and nothing got hurt!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2