• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Source for Hollow/Finishing Washer for Trunk Boards?

I'm refurbing a set of trunk boards and I've lost the tiny screws and Hollow / Finishing Washers that hold down the RT side (over gas tank)

Anyone know the screw size and/or have a source for a replacement finishing washer? I checked with the local hardware store and the sizes they had on hand were much too large.

This is post from 2008 where a similar topic is discussed but for the larger screws and washers used for consoles: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,300565/

Thanks!

Ben

30.png

--> 1968 2002 <--

from my local True Value hardware store and promptly lost 'em on my workbench (if you saw it, you'd know why they've been lost since May).

If I can find 'em I'll post on the board and send you some...

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

home improvement stores and can't find #4 cup washers--the smallest they have is #5 and they're too big.

I'll either have to spend the weekend cleaning off my workbench or order some more. If I'm successful with the former or do the latter, I'll post on the board, as 100 of the little buggers will do a bunch of 2002s and I sure don't need 'em all.

BTW, they're the same screws/washers that are used on roundies to secure the lower corners of the cowl carpeting, and the folded over carpet flap under the leading edge of the front seats (four in total). But those you'll have to swipe with a black magic marker as they have a black or dark brown finish.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

None of those washers on the McMaster-Carr link are what the cup washers for the trunk boards are like. The ones in our cars are similiar to the Cup Washers for Oversized Holes, but without the shoulder around them - just the center "cup".

Bob Napier