• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhaust hanger help

bnam

The exhaust on my 74Tii was clanging and when I checked I saw that it did not have a rear-most hanger and was held by zip ties. So I ordered a couple of new hangers and inserts and went to install it today. This is what I found:

IMG_1657.jpg

and the one near the diff:

IMG_1658.jpg

Searching thru the parts diag on Max -- it looks like the hanger mounts on the exhaust need to be flat vertical pieces that then mount within the plastic inserts -- not the round ones that I have. :(

Do you think the exhaust guys could fab me up something?

Or, does someone have an old exhaust they could cut off the mounts from and send me?

THanks!

Byas

any good exhaust guy can make what you have work for cheap. you wont be able to use the bases with that aftermarket set up but 2 reinforced rubber hangers like you bought and a couple home made welded brackets and youre set

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

see , this kind of botching leads people trying to re-botch

with more welding on of StUfF that doesn't match, can't make

fit with more issues.....

Put the car back to Original Stock Quality and never have to

crawl under there again - and you'll improve the value of your car

at the same time! YIKES!!

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

I agree -- and my intention is to change back to stock or one designed specifically for our cars. Just that there are so many such hack jobs that I need to prioritize what I need to buy right now and what I need to band-aid for a while longer. :(

If someone could post a pic of what the mounting brackets look like on that rear exhaust piece, I'll try to get a local exhaust guy to hack up something closer to the original.

Thanks!

Byas