• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a shop to assist with S14 swap in Sacto area

Crash513

Hi everyone. My son and I are about to embark on the adventure of swapping an S14 motor into his '73 tii. We are consulting with Dave at Aardvark, and bought his manual to start. We plan to work with him to source most of the parts we will need, and to tap his expertise when needed.

I'm reasonably mechanically inclined, and have actually done two engine swaps in my youth on the older american muscle cars I grew up with. We're feeling pretty comfortable with doing most of the grunt work associated with the mechanical swap of the engine/trans/driveline. However, it would be reassuring to have someone available to help with the wiring, final checkout, and detailed work that we either lack the tools or skills for.

I was wondering if anyone is aware of a shop, independent mechanic, or even well qualified enthusiast in the greater Sacramento, CA area who has had experience performing this swap before. If anyone has a referal, please let me know.

Thanks all for your kind consideration.

Crash

'73 2002 tii Graniterot/Saddle

'17 X5 Xdrive 3.5d Mineral White/Amaro Brown

'18 328d Xdrive Sportwagon Glacier Silver/Black

Hi Crash,

I'm not aware of any shop within Sacramento that has done this specific swap, but....

I deal with Igor @ AutoHeaven on a regular basis for various E30 projects (be it swaps or otherwise), pretty sharp guy with E30's of different varieties, and worth a phone call.

Auto Heaven

Igor Polishchuk

Owner

2609 Fulton Ave.

Sacramento, CA 95821

(916) 481-2312 Shop

(916) 275-1195 Cell

Thanks, AceAndrew and markmac both for your suggestions!

We will contact Igor to see if he can help.

I've had Schatz and Krumb service my wife's previous E39 5 series when it was out of warranty and they were great to work with. It never occured to me that they could also help with a swap. We'll call Stu and see what he can do to help.

Thanks again, guys. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Crash

Crash513,

I am just up the hill in Somerset and while I can offer no expertise, I am very interested in watching your build.

Let me know if you are cool with that?

Best Regards, "Z"

Professionals are predictable; it's the amateurs you have to watch out for, you never know what they are gonna do!

Murphy was a Grunt

Hi BillyRay. We are several weeks away of getting started, but I'd be happy to keep you informed of our progress. Mon Son talked to Stu, and it sounds like we will be going to him for a lot of the final assembly work, an fabrication of parts we can't buy or make at home.

Drop me an e-mail with your address, and I'll let you know how things go.

Regards,

Crash

(leslie.martin@sbcglobal.net)