• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DIY Kfish tools

bnam

Since I need to resynch my Tii pump and throttle, I need to DIY the tools.

2 of the tools seem to be easy to do -- incorrectly labelled in the KFish manual in the pic posted by CD where they are referred to as the 4mm pin and the 5mm hook -- my measurements show that they are actually 3mm pin and 4mm for the hook (Haynes has it right). These 2 are easy to do.

The flat tool that goes under the cone, how thick is it? Does anyone have measurements for this one?

Thanks!

Byas

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Let me finish my coffee and I will waddle down to the shed and find out.

The Site Search up and to the far right using "homemade tii tools" returned this.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,283356/highlight,tii+tools/

See if that gets you started.

If my memory serves, I cut the long cuts with a cutting wheel on a die grinder. Made it flex until it bent and broke, then I used many success cuts with the die grinder to make the rounded part.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

CD,

Hope you didn't read my prior note to mean that I was being critical of what you posted. As a newbie here, I find the diagrams very helpful and save whatever I come across for reference. I saw a lot of references to the pin as a 4mm pin -- the Kfish manual, the diagrams you posted, the Tii registry info, etc, so was very surprised when I measured the hole and found that it was only 3mm.

Bill, CD,

Thanks for the link/measurements and the right search terms. I searched for "Tii tool" and did not see the link Bill posted in the first couple of pages.

Regards,

Byas