• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Midnight Motorsport 2011 Projects

It's not really my style, but I have been badgered into sharing a few photos of some of the many projects around the shop here this last year. Please excuse the E30's, and have a peek into life at Midnight Motorsport in 2011. Many sincere thanks to everybody whose support has allowed me to make dreams a reality.

02-02-11 Drive

Braasch

Combs (1)

Combs (2)

Crocker Turbo (1)

Crocker Turbo (2)

Crocker Turbo (3)

Crocker Turbo (4)

Douggles (1)

Douggles (2)

Hoffman (1)

Hoffman (2)

Hoffman (3)

Hollingworth block

Humberstone (1)

Humberstone (2)

Humberstone (3)

Travis (3)

Jankovic (2)

Jankovic (1)

Jankovic (3)

Jankovic (4)

Murray Touring (1)

Murray Touring (2)

Murray Touring (3)

Murray Touring (4)

N2O (1)

N2O (2)

N2O (3)

Night Drive (1)

Night Drive (2)

Rosell S52 E30

Sanderson coilovers

Smith Stroker (1)

Smith Stroker (2)

Travis (1)

Travis (2)

Winter 2011

New Signage

Again, many thanks to all. Can't wait for 2012.

-Patrick

I want to thank Patrick for being such a great resource for me personally, to say nothing of the other 02/vintage BMW crowd. The third picture down is my car, and it's about to start Round 3 of under the hood updates (among other things). I don't know where I'd be if I hadn't found Patrick and his shop. I might have sold the car and given up on it. Instead, I've made a ton of great friends and a found a true community.

So, let Patrick work on your car. Just coordinate your schedule so you aren't holding me up. Thanks.

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

Patrick Im glad there's a guy like you around the Seattle area! For me you've been a fantastic resource and a great help many times! I wish I could afford to have you do some work on my car (stereo especially, and I think the windshield is going to be postponed a bit due to gaskets being on back order...) because hands down you're amazing at it. Until then I appreciate everything you've done for me, and what you've done for the 02 community. I cant wait to see all the great work that comes out of your garage in 2012! Here's to another great year!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Great shots Pat! You have some collection of projects. Thanks for the help you have given me with my MS project.

Mike

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

Great shots Pat! You have some collection of projects. Thanks for the help you have given me with my MS project.

Mike

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

• 3 weeks later...

JR-

Oil filter comes off with a 3/8 drive filter wrench on a long extension. It's a bit of a pain, but works. On the PRO-3 car (with no A/C compressor) we flipped the filter mount 180 degrees, so the filter faces forward. Makes life much easier.

Lumbergh-

I don't know if Jon has any sound clips, but it sounds great. 2.5" exhaust cut and tacked, then TIG'd on the bench. It's an Aprillia sportbike muffler with a glasspack resonator. Really deep and mellow, actually surprised us all with how good it sounds. When the turbo goes on, we may even have to take out the resonator to get some noise back!

And Mike-

Happy to help out with the project. Glad to see it coming along.

Bart's Agave 2002 is running coilovers (I have a fabricator friend shorten the struts, and use the I.E. coilover kit) with cut I.E. Stage II springs in the rear. Bilstein Sports all around, and we ran with stock upper strut mounts in the front rather than camber plates so as to save the ride quality.

Bart had wanted a dumped car (he specified "top of the front tires tucked") but wanted a moderate ride. I think we pretty much nailed it; he got the dumped look he wanted with a ride pretty comparable to the lovely H&R/Bilstein combo.

Coilovers:

post-93-13667655700884_thumb.jpg