• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat pads still available from dealer... but which ones?

sclaverie

I just purchased the whole set of 4 pads for my '76, the seats marked as style #2 below:

post-48194-0-39831300-1453166308_thumb.j

I bought the two bottom pads from 2002ad and the two backrests from Bluntech and this is what I received:

(2) 52101841668 PAD SEAT FRONT 

(2) 52101882695 PAD SEAT BACKREST FRONT 

Checking with realoem, it appears this is what is available now for a '76 pads. 

And oh, those prices - not even close, at least for the back rest - they are $275 each, but it looks like the bottoms can be had for about $80. 

HLH. John 

Edited by NowhereFast

1969 2002 Granada, 2nd owner

1976 2002 Fjordblau (sold)

A few too many steering wheels

668 will not work on 71 seats. But attention: If you only know your car is a 71 and you don´t know if your seats are still the original ones it might be different!

For what I can see 694 is still available in BMW Classic´s own online part shop at least here in Germany. Current price is 213,63EUR. But 668 (that I didn´t know about its availability before reading in this thread) seems to fit well, too, and is substantially cheaper. Current price 61,20EUR here in Germany in BMW Classic´s shop.

I´m not sure if one can order parts or even use the site of original BMW Classic´s shop if not logging in from a German or at least European IP adress. Nevertheless here´s the link, please try yourself: https://shop.bmw-classic.de .

Regards, Lars.

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.

• 3 months later...

2002ad still has the front seat bottoms for the '75-76 style 2 seats for $99 ea. 

https://www.2002ad.com/storeworks/view_item.cfm?id=1597

The stock seats for my '76 are currently at the upholsterers with OEM pads all around and a new embossed covers with BMW vinyl from WU. I am looking forward to getting them back soon but admittedly a bit anxious how they will turn out. I went with the OE horsehair pads as I just never saw any seats that used something else that looked good to me. Although I am using regular padding for the rear seats since the OE pads are NLA. 

HTH 

j

1969 2002 Granada, 2nd owner

1976 2002 Fjordblau (sold)

A few too many steering wheels