• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Feeler: 73 restoration and 73 parts car in Portland, OR

Pancake

Feeler for selling of the 73 Sahara restoration project and 73 Fjord parts car. I've had them for 4 years now and still haven't gotten around to working on them; mostly because I underestimated how much my kid would take over my life.

The Sahara 73 has a straight body other than the nose; there is sheetmetal damage around the kidenys and bottom of the front lip. The bumper is very bent, probably unsalvagable. Rear bumper is good though not on car. I pulled the engine about 2 years ago last time I was "really going to start working on it", haven't done anything except move it to my new house since. It’s definitely some work to get back to where it should be but a solid restoration platform.

These are picks from when I got the car back in winter 08.

IMGP0311.jpg

IMGP0312.jpg

IMGP0314.jpg

The Fjord 73 is the part car I listed back in October. It’s been rearended and is probably beyond repair, though it still tracks straight.

0923111645.jpg

0923111648a.jpg

0923111647a.jpg

Both cars have engines and drivetrain, though at this point either would need a full rebuild. There is one set of Marine interior and one set of Tobacco interior. The ignition on the Sahara car is currently drilled as the key broke off when I was first moving it. The Fjord car has a good key and matched locks all the way around. I’ve got the current title for the Fjord, working on getting title for the Sahara (have signed bill of sale but not DMV release form; I’m working with the PO on getting that, but with the speed the DMV works that will be awhile. Between the 2 there is definitely enough material to make one solid and nice 73 2002, but I’m really starting to doubt I’ll get around to it.

Again I’m not totally sold that I want to do this, but 4 years… they should go to somebody that will work on them. I’m thinking around $2000 for everything (including a spare parts, a E12 M10, and a 73 rear subframe with E21 drums). I’m open to trades for a running 02 I wouldn’t have to find time for or possibly a Bavaria. I'm thinking a good 3 person family car.

I’ll try to keep an eye on the FAQ, but I can definitely be reached at mdjett@hotmail.com. Would also be willing to consider tossing in my DD 91 Miata for the right trade. If anybody has the burning desire to trade a E36 M3 for two broken 02s and a Miata let me know :)

73 Sahara

76 S52 swap of dooooooooom

01 540i-6

90 Range Rover classic (because 02s just weren't masochistic enough)