• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

looking for answers to no-sale 2002

vintage_car

Guest Anonymous

One word answer: chrome -- or lack thereof. For alot of people that's the difference between a classic car and an old used car (e.g. a 2002 vs. an E21).

If your car had beltline trim and bumpers, I bet it would fetch 10K easily.

Apart from aesthetics, it has everything people want: a rust-free body and a fresh motor.

Of course, as other have said, for those who like the modded look, it would be ideal. So you'll just have to be patient.

Good luck!

Hugh

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am probably one of the folks that would be in your target market. the lack of chrome and attention to detail on the exterior are big plusses for me. only mods i would make to what you have done would be to make it "go" to match the "show"....track suspension and an S14...;-)

suggestion for next sale attempt...add pics of the bottom of the car. suspension, frame rails, rockers, etc. they don't need to be in the ad itself, add a link to a pbucket page with tons of detailed pics. bidding on a old car without that kind of info is tough.

if i didn't already have an ungodly amount of money sunk in my M2 i would be all over your car.

2xM3

my 2 nd repy on this thread...

waaaaaay over analysis here........it just didn't sell. It was a relatively strong ad.......sure you can tweak it based on the comments on the thread...but its timing.......

and usually a car can sell itself....serious buyers will ask specific questions if they really want her. An ad will never answer all the concerns.....