• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OE Roundels

Tito3

Does anyone restore these for a reasonable amount or does anyone sell the OEM heavy metal roundels for a 74 02? I have bought a couple of sets off of FLEABAY and they were not very good.

Enthusiastic as hell but dumber than a box of rocks. 1974 tii Atlantik Blue 2780099. Gobi Lux Interior.

1974 Tii Chamonix 2781879 Sunroof coupe, Gobi Interior- parting out

1994 318IS M42 project abandoned. parting out

least they were a year or so ago. Ask Blunt.

You can restore your own pretty easily with some black, white and # 1111 Testors model airplane paint. About 45 minutes and a little patience, plus a small brush or two and a toothpick or two and it'll look good as new.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

there are basically 2 types of hood roundels. the "3d" type with raised lettering, #19:

http://www.bmwmobiletradition-online.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=6235&mospid=47248&btnr=51_3905&hg=51&fg=25&hl=20

and the smooth one with clear coat, #7:

http://www.bmwmobiletradition-online.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=1003&mospid=47312&btnr=51_0923&hg=51&fg=20&hl=9

the clear coat one fits way more cars. and there are hundreds of chinese knock-offs on ebay.

Ken Inn

there are basically 2 types of hood roundels. the "3d" type with raised lettering, #19:

http://www.bmwmobiletradition-online.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=6235&mospid=47248&btnr=51_3905&hg=51&fg=25&hl=20

but still no metal, raised letter type roundels for the trunk is that correct? That's the one I'd like. I may try to restore my old one, but I suck at painting for some reason.

Rob

1966 Mustang vert - 5.0EFI/AOD & mods

1975 '02 - the typical upgrades (my 'new' car)

and there are hundreds of chinese knock-offs on ebay.

I thought it was very humorous to get a new BMW roundel, in the factory padded envelope with the roundel logo on the part number sticker, and seeing print at the bottom that says, Made in Taiwan.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

I have purchased both a hood and tail panel raised metal roundel in the last few years....check with Mr. Blunt

yes i believe both those are still available... but last time i checked the trunk roundel for 74-76 was still not available in raised metal... thought I'd ask to see if that had changed since Ken was looking in.

Rob

1966 Mustang vert - 5.0EFI/AOD & mods

1975 '02 - the typical upgrades (my 'new' car)

Both are the raised letter ones. The hood one is 82.16mm and the trunk lid one is 90mm. If Blunt has them, I will get them. In the meantime I am gong to be using the chinese knockoffs for skeet shooting or I may glue one onto the top of my lawnmower.

Enthusiastic as hell but dumber than a box of rocks. 1974 tii Atlantik Blue 2780099. Gobi Lux Interior.

Got the good front one from Blunt. Now looking for the trunk lid one with the raised metal. Anyone? Anyone Buehler?

but still no metal, raised letter type roundels for the trunk is that correct? That's the one I'd like. I may try to restore my old one, but I suck at painting for some reason.

Find your local model club. Some of those guys are amazing with airbrush detailing.

• 4 months later...

dont know if this helps, but i just ordered two from Bavarian Autosport the other day.

they sell the raised metal ones for the hood, which i got. but the trunk one is the flat-style one.

i have my OG badges on my car right now, but the paint was so bad i painted them flat brown primer hahahaha

12 BMW 135i + 76 BMW 2002

Were trunk roundels on every trunk from the factory? Mine does not have one...

I bought the metal front from blunt...he rocks.

FOR SALE-----74 2002tii 2782194 Turkis, Megasquirt, Korman road sport springs, Bilstein HD shocks, 13" FPS Bottle Caps