• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roundie Rear Emblem/Badge Grommets, PN Request?

eastsidebimmer

The BMW system shows me 51 14 1 807 495 for the badge and 51 14 5 480 178 for the emblems.

Don't have pictures to compare though.

I'm no longer affiliated with Maximillian Importing Company in any way, please address any questions directly to them.  -Thanks.

2002 "tii" coupe 1970
E21 320/6 2.7 Stroker 1981
E23 730 1978

Thanks for the reply everyone, these little emblem grommets must be platinum fortified, they are $6.77 each but the ones for the Roundel (twice as large) are .95 cents? Curiously the Roundel grommets fit a wide range of cars, all the way up to the E90 and E60. I'm not 100% convinced they are one in the same....if anyone has info on the availability of the rubber/metal ones as pictured above, I'd appreciate it. Don't want to make a $20 grommet mistake!

Thanks!

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--

Ben they are NOT the same. The plastic sleeve type roundel grommets which supposedly fit "every" BMW are too large in diameter for the holes in the '02 hood. The ones you need are very thin walled metal. Don't have the p/n handy.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

from my search the right grommet for the job is #2 pn:51141807495.i looked up my roundie on realoem.com and the photo of #2 grommet looks wrong compared to the grommets in my boot and using a german website www.wallothnesch.com it says #2 badge grommets #3 letter grommets but the price for them is #2. 0.77euro an #3. 1.30euro so even if you buy both to see which fits it shouldnt cost the earth depending what ur xchange rate is.good luck julian

73' 2002tii roundie cr 5spd 2751420

It usual for the BMW diagrams to show drawings that's don't match exactly how the parts look in real life.

I'm no longer affiliated with Maximillian Importing Company in any way, please address any questions directly to them.  -Thanks.

2002 "tii" coupe 1970
E23 730 1978

yea i get what your saying about the drawings not matching up but i looked at the photo they had of it on realoem.com and it wasnt even the same shape,it looked like the nuts that hold the crome trim between the tail lights on.

73' 2002tii roundie cr 5spd 2751420

Interesting let me see if I can get to the bottom of it.

2002 "tii" coupe 1970
E23 730 1978

OK, I have answers, and not exactly perfect ones.

51 14 5 480 178 rang in a $5.78 each (flipping ouch)--they look the part but do not have the metal gripping ring inside the grommet, so they fit, but may not hold the 2002 model emblem in place long term. Bummer.

51 14 1 807 495 (shown at bottom of picture) cost .75 cents each, look exactly like the parts diagram. They don't fit through the body holes, but fortunately they do slide on backwards over the Roundel badge mounting posts and hold tight, so this is a partial victory.

epv2p.jpg

--> 1968 2002 <--

• 3 weeks later...
OK, I have answers, and not exactly perfect ones.

51 14 5 480 178 rang in a $5.78 each (flipping ouch)--they look the part but do not have the metal gripping ring inside the grommet, so they fit, but may not hold the 2002 model emblem in place long term. Bummer.

Hi... can you please tell me where can I get the 51 14 5 480 178 because none of the hard plastic one will fit into the holes in the body nor the posts of the emblems... Thank you!

Hi... can you please tell me where can I get the 51 14 5 480 178 because none of the hard plastic one will fit into the holes in the body nor the posts of the emblems... Thank you!

I ordered mine from a BMW dealer....they fit, but I don't think they will keep the model badge in place without some superglue as a backup. Without the metal gripping ring inside, they are basically semi-worthless.

--> 1968 2002 <--

Ben, I am tardy in getting back to you. The ones I have that sort of match what you have are the ones ending in 178.

If you do use glue, 3m makes a good emblem glue. I glued the emblems on the rear of the touring rather than drilling holes in the rear valance. (I had all the holes welded when it was restored)

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5