• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Recaro sport seats

sgaddy

I would like to get in touch with someone who has a set of the original Recaro sport seats that still have the original vinyl on them.

Thanks, Steve

sgaddy15@gmail.com

My polaris '72 2000tii touring came with original Recaro's as part of the factory sport package. Have seen factory part numbers on realoem.com site, but have been unable to locate original materials to recover. The front passenger and rear seats are in pretty good shape, but driver needs redo. Outer black vinyl over bolsters with white piping could be arranged, but have not found an exact match for the center pattern to date.

T.R.

post-1513-1366765559085_thumb.jpg

post-1513-13667655591018_thumb.jpg

Lars, great post, one of the best I have seen in a long time. I have to figure out how to save it so I can refer back to it at some point. I had no idea that there were so many leather, vinyl, cloth options for these seats.

www.alpinabmw2002.com

I agree...great post!!!!!..wonderful info.

And Id like to add.....for the money, the cloth I used is a very correct choice for the period albeit not oe cloth. Ive seen hundreds of oe recaro's in both bimmers and Porsha.....this cord holds its own well.

My polaris '72 2000tii touring came with original Recaro's as part of the factory sport package. Have seen factory part numbers on realoem.com site, but have been unable to locate original materials to recover. The front passenger and rear seats are in pretty good shape, but driver needs redo. Outer black vinyl over bolsters with white piping could be arranged, but have not found an exact match for the center pattern to date.

T.R.

You can buy the vinyl for the centers directly at BMW (named Flechtnarbe in german). But it´s not cheap and it´s not worth the money IMHO (about 40 EUR per meter). Texture is by no means as detailed as it was with the old original material. I do only have a photo of the blue BMW material that has the same poor quality:

recaronkunstlederperfvrlks.jpg

I have found cheaper and better black vinyl for the centers (about 25EUR per meter) - but it´ll get quite expensive if I should send it to you from Germany. My black:

flechtnarbelya3v.jpg

Maybe give it a try at the Porsche guys. They have similar black material in their 911s. But sit down before asking for the price - here in Germany the price for the Porsche material even doubles the price for the BMW material (about 80EUR pe rmeter), which as said above isn´t cheap itself.

If you maybe think about changing the foam cushions in the bottom part of your Sportpaket-Recaros or the elastic belts on the underside (both looks a bit tired on your photo) - there are new reproductions available in original quality.

Best regards, Lars.

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.

I agree...great post!!!!!..wonderful info.

And Id like to add.....for the money, the cloth I used is a very correct choice for the period albeit not oe cloth. Ive seen hundreds of oe recaro's in both bimmers and Porsha.....this cord holds its own well.

Thank you very much, was a pleasure.

And you´re right at the point: To me price is always the thing that matters most. If you got a 911RS that sells for maybe 150k (if needed someday, no one knows) this makes it easier to invest 4 or 5k for 100% correct seats. Same with 3,0CSL and its Scheels. With the 10k to 20k price range for an 02 I would by no means spend that much just for a pair of seats.

I really like the look on your Recaros. But for now I´ve mostly seen it like this on the more rare Recaro Rallye and similar and not on the Idealsitz 73/77/81. That´s the only thing I wanted to mention. By the way I recover them with Cord also:

recarocordvollwangignzbbup.jpg

Best regards, Lars.

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.

T.R.

You can buy the vinyl for the centers directly at BMW (named Flechtnarbe in german). But it´s not cheap and it´s not worth the money IMHO (about 40 EUR per meter). Texture is by no means as detailed as it was with the old original material. I do only have a photo of the blue BMW material that has the same poor quality:

recaronkunstlederperfvrlks.jpg

I have found cheaper and better black vinyl for the centers (about 25EUR per meter) - but it´ll get quite expensive if I should send it to you from Germany. My black:

flechtnarbelya3v.jpg

Maybe give it a try at the Porsche guys. They have similar black material in their 911s. But sit down before asking for the price - here in Germany the price for the Porsche material even doubles the price for the BMW material (about 80EUR pe rmeter), which as said above isn´t cheap itself.

If you maybe think about changing the foam cushions in the bottom part of your Sportpaket-Recaros or the elastic belts on the underside (both looks a bit tired on your photo) - there are new reproductions available in original quality.

Best regards, Lars.

Lars,

Thank you very much for the helpful information. I tried to capture a couple of close up photos showing the tii touring Recaro sport package front seat insert pattern.

T.R.

post-1513-13667655618049_thumb.jpg

post-1513-136676556191_thumb.jpg

post-1513-13667655620104_thumb.jpg

• 4 years later...