• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tii Engine Venting Question, was "Engine Venting Questi

PaulTWinterton

Hello All,

I'm servicing my injectors and while removing parts I noticed that my vent hose (#1252665) has an OPEN elbow which was oily and dirty.

Should it be connected to something? While I'm asking, should the blocked hose off the throttle body be connected to something?

I'm guessing that it these tubes are relative to vacuum on Turbo and/or later model injection systems. Not required for mechanical Tii injection.

Please look at the following picture and let me know your comments.

Thanks for reading and responding,

Paul Winterton

Vancouver Canada

73 Inka Tii #2762958

ayo7j8.jpg

73 Inka Tii #2762958

Very interesting!

Looks like a new breather hose was installed along with the "bib" vent piece (secured using a modified hose clamp), but the original vent hose to the throttle body was blocked off with a small screw/bolt.

What happens if you un-block the short hose and connect it to the "bib"?

I'm not sure if the turbo 02 had more than (1) fitting on the breather hose...must look at Realoem.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

AFAIK this configuration is original. The vent hose is as BMW MobileTradition #11151252665. As seen here:

http://www.bmwmobiletradition-online.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=2233&mospid=47141&btnr=11_2376&hg=11&fg=30&hl=9

It's an early tii, with mechanical injection. I have a buddy with the same car (400 later on the assembly line). Same plugged hose on the throttle body.

What configuration do other mechanical injected tii's have?

Paul Winterton

Vancouver Canada

73 Inka Tii 2762958

73 Inka Tii #2762958

Jim,

Bill Williams says you have a good picture of this area.

I would just like it know what the proper connection is. A "plug" in the throttle body hose doesn't seem right, and DEFINITELY an open pipe at the bib, can't be right.

I'd love to see a picture of the correct configuration for this model.

Paul

73 Inka Tii #2762958

Your hose connection makes sense. Further searching in the archives revealed opinion that both connections can be sealed without any change in performance of the engine. That's probably why my throttle

body hose is plugged.

I'll reconnect as I want my car to be as original as possible when I do the final tune up.

Thanks Jim.

Any other opinions of disagreement out there?

Paul Winterton

Vancouver Canada

73 Inka Tii 2762958

73 Inka Tii #2762958

My '72 #2761534 has the hose between the throttle body and the breather hose. I don't ever recall seeing one of those capped off. Possibly a PO that had trouble getting things to run right?

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Here is a thought:

Owner removed the tii air cleaner assembly at one point (filter replacement, etc) and while bending the breather hose to get it off the air cleaner stub, it pulled the vacuum hose from the breather hose. Owner later discovered a vacuum leak and the small hose was plugged. This doesn't explain the hose clamp on the nib, although that is a good idea to keep it in place.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"